How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [Noob] Kitkat for Xperia P with locked bootloader in the near future ?

OP dejan_bin_laden

27th January 2014, 03:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Hey guys, i am new here but reading for last few weeks, i was ios user but now got hold of xperia P from sony and very pleased with the phone.
I read and learned how to root,cwm and flash custom rom. Learned how to check is bootloader unlockable or not.
So my Xperia says No for bootloader which means that i can do everything except flash custom kernels ??? correct me if i am wrong !?
I flashed Honami custom 4.1.2 and it works great but i want kitkat 4.4, but as far as i see, its available only with custom kernel (which i cant flash !?).
So tell me could i expect in near future kitkat for stock kernel or do i sell this phone which i se great by the way ??!?!

Thx, and apologiez if there is similiar thread or wrong subforum. No hate please

Dejan
27th January 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 41

162 posts
Nope.. You can't have custom kitkat on you phone with locked boatloader because it uses custom kernel...so, You can only flash roms that are based on stock rom...!

But there are some people claiming that they managed to unlock their bootloader despite it says no.. So, You could check those threads... But I don't recommend that as it could harm your phone..

Sent from my ST25i using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to SRV Rockable For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRV Rockable

Nope.. You can't have custom kitkat on you phone with locked boatloader because it uses custom kernel...so, You can only flash roms that are based on stock rom...!

But there are some people claiming that they managed to unlock their bootloader despite it says no.. So, You could check those threads... But I don't recommend that as it could harm your phone..

What is the worse thing that could happen, i already had soft-brick and i fixed with pccomapnion software, could it be unrepairable ?
27th January 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #4  

162 posts
Actually I don't know... But it could get hard brick because you are doing what your phone is not capable of.. so... It's up to you to decide whether try it or not...

The Following User Says Thank You to SRV Rockable For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th January 2014, 10:35 AM   |  #5  
Flag Liège
Thanks Meter: 92

821 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRV Rockable

yes but Sources have leaked so won't it be possible to have a stock rom on Kitkat ?

or even use a newer phone kitkat on our XP like XPZ1 ?
28th January 2014, 01:04 PM   |  #6  

162 posts
I don't think we can run any custom kernel on locked boatloader..! That's why we cannot run kitkat on our phone with locked boatloader.. But I am just sharing my own view.. Because I really don't know if it is possible!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread