Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,312 Members 52,792 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

my phone is rooted, but I get "the device must be rooted first"

Tip us?

Djgenes
Old
(Last edited by Djgenes; 1st February 2014 at 02:50 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default my phone is rooted, but I get "the device must be rooted first"

Hi, everyone. I've successfully rooted, bootloader unlocked and flashed a custom ROM in/on my Xperia P. Currently enjoying Honami MW HD V6 (really amazing). The current Kernel version is 3.0.8+ BuildUser @ buildhost) )#1 SMP PREEMPT. Needless to say - but saying it anyway - , it's a LT22i 4.1.2 JB device. I flashed the custom ROM based on the info from this forum and some tutorials on youtube. And my problem now is that, while trying to experiment the latest MW HD v8, I get stuck on a weird message. The OP (at Enigma ROM thread) says that I must flash the custom Kernel Nemesis V6.3 first. HE says I must have already a JB stock ROM (I think I have). Then he gives me the instructions to do that.

"Unlock your bootloader using instructions here [link]
Download the fastboot package below and extract it somewhere e.g. your Desktop
Copy nemesis.elf to the same folder
Open cmd and enter fastboot directory
Write "fastboot flash boot nemesis.elf" and press enter
It will show you "Waiting for device"
Power off your phone and press the volume up button while you connect the usb
It should be flashed okay
Reboot and Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache"

I try to follow it, but when I get to the 'Write "fastboot flash boot nemesis.elf" and press enter
It will show you "Waiting for device" ', I connect the device and it says to me the my device must be rooted.
Again, my device is rooted, unlocked botloader etc. I try a different method, via Flashtools, and I get the same message.

What do I have to do to finally be able to flash this custom Kernel and then flash the Enigma custom ROM?

Thank you very much for your time.

bharathbondfire
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djgenes View Post
Hi, everyone. I've successfully rooted, bootloader unlocked and flashed a custom ROM in/on my Xperia P. Currently enjoying Honami MW HD V6 (really amazing). The current Kernel version is 3.0.8+ BuildUser @ buildhost) )#1 SMP PREEMPT. Needless to say - but saying it anyway - , it's a LT22i 4.1.2 JB device. I flashed the custom ROM based on the info from this forum and some tutorials on youtube. And my problem now is that, while trying to experiment the latest MW HD v8, I get stuck on a weird message. The OP (at Enigma ROM thread) says that I must flash the custom Kernel Nemesis V6.3 first. HE says I must have already a JB stock ROM (I think I have). Then he gives me the instructions to do that.

"Unlock your bootloader using instructions here [link]
Download the fastboot package below and extract it somewhere e.g. your Desktop
Copy nemesis.elf to the same folder
Open cmd and enter fastboot directory
Write "fastboot flash boot nemesis.elf" and press enter
It will show you "Waiting for device"
Power off your phone and press the volume up button while you connect the usb
It should be flashed okay
Reboot and Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache"

I try to follow it, but when I get to the 'Write "fastboot flash boot nemesis.elf" and press enter
It will show you "Waiting for device" ', I connect the device and it says to me the my device must be rooted.
Again, my device is rooted, unlocked botloader etc. I try a different method, via Flashtools, and I get the same message.

What do I have to do to finally be able to flash this custom Kernel and then flash the Enigma custom ROM?

Thank you very much for your time.
try to flash any other stock kernel & flash rom
and then try to flash kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to bharathbondfire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Djgenes
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathbondfire View Post
try to flash any other stock kernel & flash rom
and then try to flash kernel

Thank you, I'll try it, but I was wondering if I can flash Nemesis kernel via CWM. Is it possible?

AndroidNoob69
Old
Thanks Meter 439

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djgenes View Post
Thank you, I'll try it, but I was wondering if I can flash Nemesis kernel via CWM. Is it possible?
Yes you can.

Sent from my Xperia P using Tapatalk

My Work

Remember the BUTTON!
Phones:
Xperia P(White): Paranoid Android 4.43 Stable by percy_g2
Xperia Neo V(Blue): Carbon Rom by vishal_android_freak

The Following User Says Thank You to AndroidNoob69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]