Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,690 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please help me to Install jellybean rom on xperia u

Tip us?

xperia anfer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Please help me to Install jellybean rom on xperia u

i think i need to unlock my bootloader and root to install jellybean rom on xperia u,i know how to unlock my bootloader.i would like to install DevSwift1 rom on my xperia u,instruction said that ,"first flash experimental kernel http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2326515

1)by flashing the experimental kernel ,will it root and install CWM recovery on my phone ?

2) every Jb install tutorial showing after flashing the experimental kernel ,extract the JB rom `zip and flash the kernel.ftf file by fastboot mode,but their is no kernel in the rom,but their is boot file...?(not boot.image file their is only a boot file and few other files)

3)does this mean i have to first flash the experimental kernel and i have to flash the kernel.ftf or the boot.image in the rom ?

4)i am very confuse could some one answer this questions and give me a step by step guide please don`t say just flash ,tell me like eg:-fastboot mode >select kernel to flash

SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH ,IF YOU CAN`T UNDERSTAND PLEASE ASK ME .........

bharathbondfire
Old
Thanks Meter 127
If u have unlocked boot loader
Flash boot.img in the zip
Enter recovery
And follow ROM instruction
Thats it....
My Device
Xperia U , Galaxy FIT

MY WORKS
<a href=http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic5362341_1.gif target=_blank rel=nofollow >http://forum.xda-developers.com/sign...c5362341_1.gif</a>
Hit Thanks If I Helped U

xperia anfer
Old
(Last edited by xperia anfer; 24th February 2014 at 06:03 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathbondfire View Post
If u have unlocked boot loader
Flash boot.img in the zip
Enter recovery
And follow ROM instruction
Thats it....
but their is no "boot.image" in the zip,just "boot " file ....!!'! ,by the way can you answer my above questions!? It will ne very helpful to me,thank you...!!!!

asd987
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by xperia anfer View Post
but their is no "boot.image" in the zip,just "boot " file ....!!'! ,by the way can you answer my above questions!? It will ne very helpful to me,thank you...!!!!
Do you have rooted phone and unlocked bootloader?

If yes then you flash experimental kernel and follow instructions.

xperia anfer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by asd987 View Post
Do you have rooted phone and unlocked bootloader?

If yes then you flash experimental kernel and follow instructions.
i thought i know how to unlock my bootloader but i think it didn`t work,i unlock my bootloader via flashtool and it complete without a error but i don`t think it works ,because sony pc companion still recognize my phone.........!!!!! please help i cant understand the other bootloader unlocking methode thats why use the flashtool...........!!!! but i flash the experimental kernel and i able to go in to the CWM Recovery ......!!! somebody pleas help me

did i correctly unlock my bootloader or i still have a lock bootloader ?

their is many people here but no one to help me,i know this is not a very complicated thing to the XDA members but it is complicated to me ,don`t ignore me

asd987
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I find this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...48&postcount=4 for check if your bootloader is unlocked.

xperia anfer
Old
(Last edited by xperia anfer; 25th February 2014 at 09:31 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
I find this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...48&postcount=4 for check if your bootloader is unlocked.
it showing "Bootloader Unlocked - Yes " acording to that thread(http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?) my bootloader is unlocked ,but my phone still recognize by the pc companion,i think if the bootloader is unlocked pc companion will no longer recognize my device.... but any way thank you for replying

asd987
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I connect my phone to pc companion and it is recognize. I have installed CM11 on my phone, so I think your bootloader is unlocked.

So then you flash experimental kernel and then wipe cache/data/dalvik cache and flash zip.

Press thanks if I helped you

xperia anfer
Old
(Last edited by xperia anfer; 25th February 2014 at 11:33 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
I connect my phone to pc companion and it is recognize. I have installed CM11 on my phone, so I think your bootloader is unlocked.

So then you flash experimental kernel and then wipe cache/data/dalvik cache and flash zip.

Press thanks if I helped you
hmm ,can you help me to install jb rom on xperia U,

after flash experimental kernel, do i need to unzip the rom (DevSwift1 `s Jellybean rom) file and flash the kernel.elf or the boot.image ?

asd987
Old
(Last edited by asd987; 25th February 2014 at 11:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by xperia anfer View Post
hmm ,can you help me to install jb rom on xperia U,

after flash experimental kernel, do i need to unzip the rom (DevSwift1 `s Jellybean rom) file and flash the kernel.elf or the boot.image ?
No, go to cwm recovery and do full wipe (cache, data, dalvik-cache) and then choose install zip from sdcard and install rom zip (don't unzip before).

The Following User Says Thank You to asd987 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]