[Q&A] [ROM][UB][4.4.4] Unofficial SlimKat [Slim Build 8.2]

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [ROM][UB][4.4.4] Unofficial SlimKat [Slim Build 8.2]

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROM][UB][4.4.4] Unofficial SlimKat [Slim Build 8.2]. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

Asilano

Jan 13, 2014
SlimKat - two questions

Hi,

Great work on the SlimKat build, it looks really slick and doesn't CTD as much as the JB ROM I was running previously.

Two questions:
  • I saw mention of a ROM to get the LED illumination bar working. Can someone point me to it?
  • My phone doesn't recognise my headphones any more. Anyone else seen this?

Last edited:

amir-456

Aug 8, 2013
why everything got so big in last ota update?
its just not normal.
its even worse in nova luancher!
just look at these screen shot :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-10-21-07-44.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-10-21-07-44.png
    188.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot_2014-11-10-21-07-52.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-10-21-07-52.png
    134.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_2014-11-10-21-08-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-10-21-08-03.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot_2014-11-10-21-08-20.png
    Screenshot_2014-11-10-21-08-20.png
    109.9 KB · Views: 83

Asilano

Jan 13, 2014
You need to edit your build.prop file, as mentioned in the main thread. When I tried this, I ended up breaking the boot for a while, until I figured out it was a permissions problem; so be careful. The following process works for me.

Connect your phone, with USB debugging on. You'll be using
Code:
adb
to fiddle with the files. At a command prompt, type:

Code:
adb shell

That will give you a shell prompt in your phone. Now type:

Code:
cd /system
cp build.prop build.propbak
sed -i s/ro.sf.lcd_density=.*/ro.sf.lcd_density=180/ build.prop
exit

The second line is backing up the existing build.prop, so you can put it back if you get into trouble. The third line edits the build.prop in place, replacing the line that sets the display density with one set to 180. That makes it look right for me. Values between 180 and 280 should definitely work; larger number, larger icons.

Then reboot, and you should be back to a good size.

Reactions: amir-456

amir-456

Aug 8, 2013
You need to edit your build.prop file, as mentioned in the main thread. When I tried this, I ended up breaking the boot for a while, until I figured out it was a permissions problem; so be careful. The following process works for me.

Code:
adb

Code:
adb shell

Code:
cd /system
exit

The second line is backing up the existing build.prop, so you can put it back if you get into trouble. The third line edits the build.prop in place, replacing the line that sets the display density with one set to 180. That makes it look right for me. Values between 180 and 280 should definitely work; larger number, larger icons.

tnx man.
worked like a charm :D

Jonathan052010

Dec 5, 2014
No mantiene varias apps abiertas.

Muy buen ROM con perfecto rendimiento pero aun no consigo manera de escuchar musica respondiendo en BBM o mientras chateo por el Whatsapp,no mantiene dos procesos a la vez.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    adb

Code:
    adb shell

Code:
    cd /system
    exit