Post Reply

root Xperia U without unlocking bootloader 2.3.7

OP chegue4

7th February 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
hello, i have and XPERIA U 2.3.7 !
can i use the method of ONE CLICK ROOT to root it ? without unlocking bootloader ? because it says : unlocking bootloader permitted : no !
please can you help me ?
7th February 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chegue4

hello, i have and XPERIA U 2.3.7 !
can i use the method of ONE CLICK ROOT to root it ? without unlocking bootloader ? because it says : unlocking bootloader permitted : no !
please can you help me ?


You can upgrade to ICS Firmware 4.0.4 and use this method or this method to Root


I could not do to much with my Experia U locked bootloader on GB
Last edited by eye_share; 7th February 2014 at 04:55 PM.
7th February 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
my phone is unlocked officialy from operator Bouygues !! if i update the phone any risk of losing the unlocking of sim ??
7th February 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
219 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
No, your phone will remain SIM unlocked. And if you prefer gingerbread, you can have it rooted for locked bootloader. You have it here in general section a thread explaining how to do it.

Cheers

Sent from my ST25i using xda app-developers app
7th February 2014, 08:54 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0M3G4_

No, your phone will remain SIM unlocked. And if you prefer gingerbread, you can have it rooted for locked bootloader. You have it here in general section a thread explaining how to do it.

Cheers

Sent from my ST25i using xda app-developers app

can you give me the link of rooting GB with locked bootloader ?
& about update can i update my ST25i using a ST25a firmware ?? just exclude the baseband ? that's all ?
8th February 2014, 11:32 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
219 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chegue4

can you give me the link of rooting GB with locked bootloader ?
& about update can i update my ST25i using a ST25a firmware ?? just exclude the baseband ? that's all ?

To root GB locked bootloader, follow this -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2063029

Yes, you can flash a St25a firmware (.ftf), but yes, you MUST exclude baseband flashing. You have plenty of ST25i firmwares around, so why bother with an st25a .ftf??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes