Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,452 Members 42,842 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [XU] Headphone configuration

Tip us?

MIDO_MASH
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Post [Q] [XU] Headphone configuration

Hey Guys, So...
My Sony headphone which came with the phone accidentally was cut.
So write now I have my old Galaxy Pocket's headphone cus I can't afford to buy a decent headphone right now,

The problem is when I press the button on the headphone it just controls the volume, Nothing more.
Is there anything I can do to change what that button does, like just the original Sony's.
pls guys help me,
and thanks in advance.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic5235875_1.gif

Ryccardo
Old
Thanks Meter 123

DONATE TO ME
This is probably your problem: http://cdn.androidpolice.com/wp-cont...MTP_Pinout.png
Motorola International 8700 (first phone sold in Italy to send SMS) [half bricked] > Acer ? [returned] > Siemens S35i [good] > Samsung SGH-? [stolen] > Nokia 3220 [mostly still OK] > Motorola RAZR [still OK] > iPhone 3G S [2 batteries worn out] > iPhone 4S [I gave up after iOS 7, still has 10 months of warranty] > Samsung Ace 2 i8160 [won at Samsung giveaway, still works fine, CM10.1] > Sony Xperia U [modified Sony 2.3.7]

yousefs
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryccardo View Post
So? I mean if the headphone button connects the first pin with the second then both headphones should do the same thing, I guess each headphone button connect different pins, it's not about swapping first and second pin

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

MIDO_MASH
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
So what should I do.
I'm not Into these things too much but I can learn

Ryccardo
Old
Thanks Meter 123

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefs View Post
So? I mean if the headphone button connects the first pin with the second then both headphones should do the same thing, I guess each headphone button connect different pins, it's not about swapping first and second pin
According to one source the volume buttons are referred to the ground pin and the play/pause button to the microphone... mind you, this contradicts what I've always known (that buttons apply different resistances in parallel to the mic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDO_MASH View Post
So what should I do.
I'm not Into these things too much but I can learn
IF that's the problem you could try a CTIA to OMAP adapter... as said, I'm not sure that's the actual problem.
Motorola International 8700 (first phone sold in Italy to send SMS) [half bricked] > Acer ? [returned] > Siemens S35i [good] > Samsung SGH-? [stolen] > Nokia 3220 [mostly still OK] > Motorola RAZR [still OK] > iPhone 3G S [2 batteries worn out] > iPhone 4S [I gave up after iOS 7, still has 10 months of warranty] > Samsung Ace 2 i8160 [won at Samsung giveaway, still works fine, CM10.1] > Sony Xperia U [modified Sony 2.3.7]

MIDO_MASH
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
IF that's the problem you could try a CTIA to OMAP adapter... as said, I'm not sure that's the actual problem.
I'm sorry but what does that even mean, I just want when I press the headset button it pauses/plays the Walkman.
I think Someone on the Galaxy SII forums mentioned Something about that : /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl.
Maybe if I change a thing or two on this file something would happen ????

Ryccardo
Old
Thanks Meter 123

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDO_MASH View Post
I'm sorry but what does that even mean, I just want when I press the headset button it pauses/plays the Walkman.
I think Someone on the Galaxy SII forums mentioned Something about that : /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl.
Maybe if I change a thing or two on this file something would happen ????
Oh, that file (and others in the same folder) have the hardware button mappings... if the phone tells apart the buttons and just does the wrong actions you can remap them there!