Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,798 Members 38,911 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Xperia GO ST27i]USB not recognized after CM9 installation

Tip us?

dranzer_hunt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Storage [Q] [Xperia GO ST27i]USB not recognized after CM9 installation

Well here's the problem which is quite awkward.
I installed CM9 on my Sony Xperia GO from freexperia project. It worked really great.
the issues is, however, after 3rd time I installed CM9 (I was trying to get CM10 FXP on this device), my PC won't recognize the USB device( i.e. my phone). I am pretty sure I followed all the steps, I wiped the phone after installation everytime. I have MTP (setting>storage>MTP).
I have all the drivers re-installed on my laptop (running on Windows 7). I have tried another USB cable as well. tried all the USB ports.. but I can't make this machine recognize my phone.

and please considering my expertise level, start from level 0.

a big thanks in advance!!

DaRk-L0rD
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 4681

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dranzer_hunt View Post
Well here's the problem which is quite awkward.
I installed CM9 on my Sony Xperia GO from freexperia project. It worked really great.
the issues is, however, after 3rd time I installed CM9 (I was trying to get CM10 FXP on this device), my PC won't recognize the USB device( i.e. my phone). I am pretty sure I followed all the steps, I wiped the phone after installation everytime. I have MTP (setting>storage>MTP).
I have all the drivers re-installed on my laptop (running on Windows 7). I have tried another USB cable as well. tried all the USB ports.. but I can't make this machine recognize my phone.

and please considering my expertise level, start from level 0.

a big thanks in advance!!
Try with latest flashtool mate. Connect your phone with USB debugging activated and from flashtool go: Devices-> check drivers. Could work.

If you like my work, please consider buying me a beer! Thanks in advance!
Our Themes on Playstore

SONY XPERIA Z1 & T

MY CONTRIBUTIONS

dranzer_hunt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Battery Low No, didn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRk-L0rD View Post
Try with latest flashtool mate. Connect your phone with USB debugging activated and from flashtool go: Devices-> check drivers. Could work.
thank you, I am using flashtool ver 0.9.11.0 (I guess latest one). But, it didn't help.

DaRk-L0rD
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 4681

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dranzer_hunt View Post
thank you, I am using flashtool ver 0.9.11.0 (I guess latest one). But, it didn't help.
Did you try connecting your phone on fastboot mode and install drivers from control panel?

If you like my work, please consider buying me a beer! Thanks in advance!
Our Themes on Playstore

SONY XPERIA Z1 & T

MY CONTRIBUTIONS

dranzer_hunt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Yes, but there is no prompt for missing drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRk-L0rD View Post
Did you try connecting your phone on fastboot mode and install drivers from control panel?
I tried to connect phone in fastboot and flashboot mode, however, there was no notification for missing drivers. Only the blue light on phone turned to red after sometime ( and green for flashboot mode). I had similar problem earlier as well (not the same one), back then the PC used to show that driver was missing for fastboot. I simply used to go to flashtood>Driver folder and used to install the drivers. It worked earlier. Not anymore though.

Could there be possibility that I messed up (during installation somehow) some phone file which accounts for connectivity with the system?
do you or anyone know which files in phone are responsible for such functioning?

_Agility_
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default USB not responding

Have you tried using a different USB-port on your PC?
Under Windows XP i have to reinstall all drivers when connecting a device to a different USB jack.

dranzer_hunt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default sorry for later reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Agility_ View Post
Have you tried using a different USB-port on your PC?
Under Windows XP i have to reinstall all drivers when connecting a device to a different USB jack.
I think I tried everything. The weird thing is that the same system with same USB with same port sometimes reads the USB driver. but, when I restart the phone in bootloader mode, it doesn't recognize the drivers again. However, this sometimes is very rare, since the last message, perhaps 2 or 3 times.

Could it be possible that there have been any hardware issue?