[Q] Sola stuck without recovery reboot

28th March 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
I had been testing several ROMs while I saw an unofficial Cyanogenmod 11 thread. There was an available zip for pepper as well. I used Cyanogenmod 8 then. So I rebooted into recovery and flashed.

I then wanted to flash gapps, so I enabled recovery reboot in the developer options in the settings, I pressed the power button and I chose to reboot into recovery.

The phone just reboots normally.

Please note that root access has not been destroyed, I can access files that require root, it is just that the recovery reboot does not work, and now I am stuck with a ROM that I just wanted for testing purposes. Didn't expect that it would lock me in

Any help appreciated.
29th March 2014, 11:03 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 66

102 posts
More
Many cm11 roms fail to reboot to recovery, but you can just reboot normally and press volume up .(or down, it's the higher one if phone is vertical) button a few times until it goes to recovery. This is manual system and works as long as you still have the recovery.

Sent from my Xperia Sola using XDA-FORUM, powered by appyet.com
The Following User Says Thank You to bobafetthotmail For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
Thumbs up
You saved me

Up button solved it

I'm posting the whole process for anyone having the same issue:

1) Enable Developer mode by clicking 5 times in the Build info under About phone in the settings.
2) Go in there and enable advanced reboot
3) Select advanced reboot and while the phone opens, hold Volume UP.

Now you are into recovery mode. Without selecting recovery reboot it didn't work (steps 1, 2)
Last edited by hytromo; 30th March 2014 at 06:45 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread