Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,703 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

sony smartwatch when?

Tip us?

jonstatt
Old
Thanks Meter 90
I tried the watch with an Xperia S vs my Evo 3D. It definitely works better on the Xperia with no dropouts and very stable connection.

However, interestingly, the phonebook app on the Evo 3D shows the photos of the contacts...but on the Xperia S the photos are not displaying...odd!
The Following User Says Thank You to jonstatt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

melenko
Old
Thanks Meter 14
How is it as a music remote and sms reader? This is really what I want it for when I am out.

danielgbooth
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwhizzard View Post
Received my free Smartwatch from Phones 4 U today. Not had chance to play with it yet to give a review but thought I would mention as it would seem the accessories are now becoming generally available.
How long did yours take to come through? Ordered mine through the same program last Friday and have only had the email saying that all of the details would be checked...

Tippfehler
Old
(Last edited by Tippfehler; 5th April 2012 at 09:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 18
What is the name of the smartwatch compatible preinstalled email app on sony phones? Is it possible, to install this app on HTC phones with ICS?
---Edit---
I found SemcEmail.apk in different versions, but Liveware does not find a compatible email program.
Huawei Ascend P7-L10, E-Ceros EC309, HTC Sensation (ViperS 5.2.0), SG S4 Mini, Asus TF300T

vhanna
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by melenko View Post
How is it as a music remote and sms reader? This is really what I want it for when I am out.
+1 for question...need to know how well it works as a music remote and with sms. Also, can you dial from the watch?

superlimau
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Can we make whatsapp make with it?

jkr284
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhanna View Post
+1 for question...need to know how well it works as a music remote and with sms. Also, can you dial from the watch?
As a music remote it can only play/skip/pause music tracks on your current playlist on your phone.

You can dial from the smartwatch yes!

SMS works great at receiving, you can send fixed messages like "call me" etc

To the poster above the contact pictures display on the smartwatch when paired to my xperia s.
Office Laptop/Hybrid: Sony Vaio Duo 11
Phone/Portable Console: Sony Xperia Z Ultra

xavez
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I'm also trying to decide if I should get it or not.
Seems handy when you're working out or on the move and want to have a quick look at sms/facebook/etc. without actually holding your phone.
I'll see in a few weeks how I feel about it then.
In the end it's really nice and has some added value.

byronicman
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm having real issues with mine. It worked fine for a day, now it's buggered. Here's my mail to Sony support. We'll see if it gets resolved.

##

Hi there,

I received the SmartWatch from Amazon yesterday, and after a day of it working fine with my Xperia S, it now completely fails to update any of the push notifications (email, Twitter, Facebook, texts), despite the fact it is connected to the phone. Endomondo, Weather and missed calls work. In addition, many of the SmartExtras don't work - they crash when in LiveWare Manager.

As a customer of the initial LiveView (45 wasted on something that literally did not work), I was obviously a little worried that this accessory would be equally deficient. Sadly, it's proving to be the case.

I have re-set the watch and uninstalled then reinstalled everything; both the SmartWatch and LiveWare Manager, and have re-paired the device several times. The support is non-existent on the website (even the manual links to a web page which doesn't exist).

Overall, pretty disgruntled.

I'd be very grateful if you could let me know if there are known issues with the SmartWatch and how I may rectify it.
The Following User Says Thank You to byronicman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

azian_advanced
Old
Thanks Meter 13
... sounds like sony failed again at their smartwatch attempt.

i'm hoping they don't screw up the smart wireless headset pro because that's something i've been wanting to get for a while since i lost my mw600.