No registration required

sony smartwatch when?

OP marcoplo

17th April 2012, 02:20 AM   |  #41  
Flag Ribeirão Preto
Thanks Meter: 2,328

7,843 posts
More
I don't think I will buy it anything really soon, but I can use it just as a watch if I turn off Bluetooth on phone due battery), or any other possible reason?

Sent from my X10 Mini Pro using Tapatalk
17th April 2012, 02:24 AM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 108

477 posts
More
Once you link one time you can turn off he bluetooth and it will still show the time when you double tap it. The question is does it shut off completely if it hasnt been linked with your phone for a few hours. I will try it tonight. Will leave bluetooth off on phone and see if i have to restart watch after a whole night of no connectivity.
17th April 2012, 02:29 AM   |  #43  
Flag Ribeirão Preto
Thanks Meter: 2,328

7,843 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymindedx

Once you link one time you can turn off he bluetooth and it will still show the time when you double tap it. The question is does it shut off completely if it hasnt been linked with your phone for a few hours. I will try it tonight. Will leave bluetooth off on phone and see if i have to restart watch after a whole night of no connectivity.

I see... Well, will wait for results then... Thanks for doing the test... Other questions: Does it stores data on it? I mean, it download and keep on memory the last messages/facebook/twitter/etc so I can see at least the last ones? And does it have a weather app (Sony or 3rd party one)? (And if it stores the data too)

17th April 2012, 02:43 AM   |  #44  

477 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felimenta97

I see... Well, will wait for results then... Thanks for doing the test... Other questions: Does it stores data on it? I mean, it download and keep on memory the last messages/facebook/twitter/etc so I can see at least the last ones? And does it have a weather app (Sony or 3rd party one)? (And if it stores the data too)

Well if the watch is not linked to the phone you can't see any options on the watch except the time. So that has me believing that there isn't any on board storage. I think its like an extension of your phone on your wrist. I feel the best way to describe it is like remoting into your phone and looking at specific apps loaded on an app loader. Yes there is a weather app. I will do a small video sometime on Wednesday morning when I am off.
17th April 2012, 03:54 AM   |  #45  
Thanks Meter: 8

39 posts
I've been using the watch with my international Galaxy Note for a couple days now with great success. It's actually more handy than I thought it would be, but I do have some reservations.

First, I really wish there was a way for new emails / SMS messages to popup with the content of the message when first received. What it currently does when a SMS or email is received is vibrate, and then show the SMS or Gmail icon on the watch instead of showing the actual message. This means you have to double tap the screen and swipe the time away to actually see your new message. I have used the WIMM ONE, which just vibrates and shows the message as soon as it receives it, and it's much preferable. I would probably keep using the WIMM, except it doesn't provide email updates, and is ALWAYS disconnecting itself from my Note.

Second, I can't seem to get my google calendar to sync with the watch's calendar app, even though I've specified it in the settings. Any suggestions ya'll can lend would be appreciated. Otherwise this is a great little tool.
17th April 2012, 05:10 AM   |  #46  

477 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felimenta97

FYI two hours with no bluetooth connection and the time still shows up after you tap the screen 2 times.
17th April 2012, 08:28 AM   |  #47  
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 34

167 posts
More
Does it have whatsapp notifications?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using XDA
17th April 2012, 08:46 AM   |  #48  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 17

138 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRick

Does it have whatsapp notifications?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using XDA

Nope it doesn't
17th April 2012, 02:27 PM   |  #49  

477 posts
More
Well just an fyi after 8 hours of Idle time the watch stayed on and I was able to see the time.

I had a rough time having the bluetooth pick the device back up after turning it back on. My Jawbone ERA headset had no issues re-linking. After 5 minutes of trying different things to get the Samsung to be seen by the watch I decided to un-pair and re-pair in the end and I got it up and running. This may be due to me not having an xperia. I have a feeling Sony didn't think anyone would not have this device linked to their phone 24 HRS a day so they didn't bother with this scenario.

Can someone with an XPERIA headset try this tonight and see whether they have the same issue after 8 hrs of the watch being on with no bluetooth connection. I have a slight feeling that the watch may forget who its attached to after 8 hrs of being on and having no bluetooth connection.
18th April 2012, 12:04 AM   |  #50  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 17

138 posts
More
I have the xperia s connected to my watch. Had it disconnected for more the 8 hours from my phone, it connected straight away with my phone when i put the bluethooh back on my phone. it works really good with the xperia S

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread