[Q] SONY XPERIA P(BRICKED) wont boot even after flashing .. HELP NEEDED !!!
Well ! To start with, I was already using "Honami MW HD™ V8 Ultimate" by Pandemic and my phone was working great untill i tried installing this ROM ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...-11-0-t2528466
).I followed every instruction to every word which was:
1. Download ROM zip and GApps zip.
2. Boot into recovery.
3. Wipe data and cache and Dalvik.
4. Flash ROM zip.
5. Flash GApps zip. You must flash gapps after every upgrade to CM11 since /system is formatted, wiping your previous add-ons.
While flashing the ROM zip, i was stuck with "status 7" error. To get rid of this error i followed this link(http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2522762
) which instructed me to delete the whole of "assert" module. I did what was instructed and i flashed the ROM. The ROM was succesfully installed and so did the GApps but finally while rebooting my phone got bricked.
Only the orange LED blinked whenever i pressed the power button and thats it . After loads of browsing and searching, i found out that my phone was hard bricked and it needs to be flashed .
I downloaded the ftf from this link ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...ola-6-t1914264
) and i followed the following procedures:
U r done wait for flashing "
- Download official ics ftf from development section of ur xperia
- Download flashtool
- Install flashtool
- Go to c/flashtool/drivers
- Install drivers for ur xperia
- Now switch of ur phone keep it aside
- Go to flashtool
- Click thunder icon
- Select flashmode
- Select ftf
- Check no final verification
- Check exclude ta
- Click flash\start
- Now it will ask u to connect ur phone in flashmode
- Press the volume down button, keep it pressed and connect to usb
- Flashing will start
- Let it complete
I pressed the "vol up + power" until 3 continuous vibrations and then "vol down" at same time i plugged the USB cable(LED turned green), the flash process started and it was finished successfully. I unpluged my USB and i pressed the power , the phone still does'nt start/boot.
I would really appreciate for all the help that i can get to recover this phone.