Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,444 Members 46,540 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SuperSU binary needs to be updated?

Tip us?

Zodiax360
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default SuperSU binary needs to be updated?

My rooted android phone was working fine for a few months but just today when i started up SuperSU a message appears "The SU binary needs to be updated" im unable to use CWM or TWRP cause it says root is required for this application even though it has already been rooted my phone model is Sony Xperia ST27a ive already tried unrooting my phone through Bin4ry which is the tool i used to install my root. Ive also tried running the recovery menu on my phone using the Volume down fuction at boot logo which is meant to activate the recovery menu but no recovery menu appears

pjohn23
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiax360 View Post
My rooted android phone was working fine for a few months but just today when i started up SuperSU a message appears "The SU binary needs to be updated" im unable to use CWM or TWRP cause it says root is required for this application even though it has already been rooted my phone model is Sony Xperia ST27a ive already tried unrooting my phone through Bin4ry which is the tool i used to install my root. Ive also tried running the recovery menu on my phone using the Volume down fuction at boot logo which is meant to activate the recovery menu but no recovery menu appears
theres also an option to choose normal in updating binary.
ST25i "kumquat"

Zodiax360
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohn23 View Post
theres also an option to choose normal in updating binary.
Tried that but it failed

pjohn23
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiax360 View Post
Tried that but it failed
Not a pro here. but my advice. you should flash your stock firmware and root again. if you have unlocked bootloader. you can flash kernels with recovery to install supersu
ST25i "kumquat"