[Q] Thoroughly confused Xperia S User "ROOT"

17th May 2012, 05:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hi every1.

I got my hands on the Xperia S recently.

Wanted to Root it. So i started to read Posts by DooMLoRD, Bin4ry (Great posts guys). But got thoroughly confused in the process.

This is What I get:-
1. the very 1st thing I have to do is bootloader unlock (DooMLorD post). Thanks DooM Crystal on this part.

2. ROOTING:-
> I got a Info overload here. "All that you need to know Abt Rooting" By DooMLorD. (I just cant wrap my head around all that stuff )

> How Do I Root? I got the Tutorial and ROM from 63 and 67. Thanks to Bin4ry.

>>> Prob is I have 73 on my XS and and i don't know weather His method will work on 73

>>> I don't have a Rooted ROM for 73. Yakandu has a host of ROMs in his thread (Thanks). However I don't know what to make of them.
Do I ABSOLUTELY need to know my Country for ROMs? [ Cause i don't know and don't know where to look for the answer. ]
Do I just pick one?

> Then there is DooMKarnel. - Need Stock ROM for this 1 as well. Same prob - Don't know how to pick my ROM from All the ROMs that are available.

Help out plz.
17th May 2012, 06:32 AM   |  #2  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 14

50 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolian

Hi every1.

Wanted to Root it. So i started to read Posts by DooMLoRD, Bin4ry (Great posts guys). But got thoroughly confused in the process.

1. the very 1st thing I have to do is bootloader unlock (DooMLorD post). Thanks DooM Crystal on this part.

> I got a Info overload here. "All that you need to know Abt Rooting" By DooMLorD. (I just cant wrap my head around all that stuff )

>>> Prob is I have 73 on my XS and and i don't know weather His method will work on 73

>>> I don't have a Rooted ROM for 73. Yakandu has a host of ROMs in his thread (Thanks). However I don't know what to make of them.
Do I ABSOLUTELY need to know my Country for ROMs? [ Cause i don't know and don't know where to look for the answer. ]
Do I just pick one?

> Then there is DooMKarnel. - Need Stock ROM for this 1 as well. Same prob - Don't know how to pick my ROM from All the ROMs that are available.

Help out plz.

If you have unlocked bootloader, then just flash any autorooting kernel (DooMKernel is awesome! ) And you are done! And it works with .73
The Following User Says Thank You to kushpvo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2012, 07:19 AM   |  #3  
Flag oostende
Thanks Meter: 12

132 posts
More
Quote:

Hi every1.

Do I just pick one?

Help out plz.

well its realy simple, unlock the bootloader, i suggest to use the advance stockkernel by doomlord, and use ka 5.1, these roms are very stable, dawnload it putt it on your sd card,(internal memory), reboot the phone and press volume up repaeteley until you are in recovery, do a factory reset, go to advance wipe dalvik cashe, then you go to instal zip from sd and select ka 5...the rest comes from self..i hope its some use for you..

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to lordjan1986 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th May 2012, 04:25 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
I downloaded DooMKareL. And Read the post Infact i read All the relevant posts in DooMLorD's "All you need To Know about rooting"

The DooMKarnel tutorial said I Need a Stock ROM ----> Does this mean I need a untouched ROM in my Cell? Or. Do i "HAVE TO" download a separate ROM for this to work.

What is "ka 5.1"?

Thanks for the replies
18th May 2012, 05:31 AM   |  #5  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 14

50 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I downloaded DooMKareL. And Read the post Infact i read All the relevant posts in DooMLorD's "All you need To Know about rooting"

The DooMKarnel tutorial said I Need a Stock ROM ----> Does this mean I need a untouched ROM in my Cell? Or. Do i "HAVE TO" download a separate ROM for this to work.

What is "ka 5.1"?

Thanks for the replies

Stock ROM means the rom provided by the manufacture orbin you words "untouched rom" !

Sent from my LT26i using XDA
18th May 2012, 06:22 AM   |  #6  
Flag oostende
Thanks Meter: 12

132 posts
More
Quote:

I downloaded DooMKareL. And Read the post Infact i read All the relevant posts in DooMLorD's "All you need To Know about rooting"<br />
<br />
The DooMKarnel tutorial said I Need a Stock ROM ----> Does this mean I need a untouched ROM in my Cell? Or. Do i "HAVE TO" download a separate ROM for this to work.<br />
<br />
What is "ka 5.1"?<br />
<br />
Thanks for the replies

ka 05.1 is a modded stockrom, it has be improved and twaeked..low battery consumption fast and smooth, look in the develpors forum and there you can read all about it..

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread