Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Anyway to mount internal storage to do a file recovery?

OP Oemenia

14th July 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
My mum's phone (Xperia P) had to be sent to Sony for it to be factory reset, unfortunately the phone went bad before we could back up the pictures on it (which are mainly of my grandad who had just passed away).

I am trying to get the internal storage to mount and then hopefully run a file recovery software on it and try and get back as much as I can, anyway this is possible?
15th July 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 469
 
1,623 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oemenia

My mum's phone (Xperia P) had to be sent to Sony for it to be factory reset, unfortunately the phone went bad before we could back up the pictures on it (which are mainly of my grandad who had just passed away).

I am trying to get the internal storage to mount and then hopefully run a file recovery software on it and try and get back as much as I can, anyway this is possible?

Internal storage is not effected by factory data rest.
Why do you need to send it to Sony?
18th July 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikeD

Internal storage is not effected by factory data rest.
Why do you need to send it to Sony?

I had to as the phone was refusing to boot, as of now everything seems to be wiped.
18th July 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 469
 
1,623 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oemenia

I had to as the phone was refusing to boot, as of now everything seems to be wiped.

You could repair it with PC Companion
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes