Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,870 Members 50,799 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trying to root Xperia Go 6.1.1.B.1.1.0_CE

Tip us?

crystaldolly
Old
(Last edited by crystaldolly; 9th January 2014 at 06:41 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy Trying to root Xperia Go 6.1.1.B.1.1.0_CE

Hello...

I'm sorry for bothering you here, but I am too new for posting messages in your ROOT MANY ANDROID thread.

Well, I have a problem.

My Xperia Go's kernel is 6.1.1.B.1.1.0_CE, the one I saw on the resources thread on the Xperia Go developement forum. But when I use the Toolkit, it does nothing.

I don't know what to do. It used to work a less than a year ago, when I rooted the mobile for the first, second and third times.

I've tried with the oldest version of the toolkit, but it continues doing nothing, telling me to check if the ADB drivers are installed properly, but I don't understand that.

What can I do? Please, help.

Again, sorry for bothering you.

Thank you so much.

EDIT: It's asking me to update the kernel to 6.2.A.1.100. What do I do? Please.

andy7b9
Old
(Last edited by andy7b9; 9th January 2014 at 09:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldolly View Post
Hello...

I'm sorry for bothering you here, but I am too new for posting messages in your ROOT MANY ANDROID thread.

Well, I have a problem.

My Xperia Go's kernel is 6.1.1.B.1.1.0_CE, the one I saw on the resources thread on the Xperia Go developement forum. But when I use the Toolkit, it does nothing.

I don't know what to do. It used to work a less than a year ago, when I rooted the mobile for the first, second and third times.

I've tried with the oldest version of the toolkit, but it continues doing nothing, telling me to check if the ADB drivers are installed properly, but I don't understand that.

What can I do? Please, help.

Again, sorry for bothering you.

Thank you so much.

EDIT: It's asking me to update the kernel to 6.2.A.1.100. What do I do? Please.
I think the best would be to update your phone to 6.2.A.1.100 with Sony Update Service ( with this requested driver will be installed ), then you could follow this tutorial. Doomlords Easy Rooting Toolkit is the best known method for rooting xgo.
Xperia STE

Happy user of unofficial CyanogenMod 11 on Xperia Go from Team STE

Android 4.4.4
Kernel 3.0.101 by Munjeni and Xperia STE
The Following User Says Thank You to andy7b9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crystaldolly
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy7b9 View Post
I think the best would be to update your phone to 6.2.A.1.100 with Sony Update Service ( with this requested driver will be installed ), then you could follow this tutorial. Doomlords Easy Rooting Toolkit is the best known method for rooting xgo.
Ohhhhhhhhhhh, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you thank you, THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. Gracias, grazie, merci, danke, arigatou gouzaimasu!

You are the best. Why? Because I thought nobody would reply to this thread and I was sad. But then you appeared and solved my problem.

I will post what I did here for someone who needs help too. Windows 8 doesn't work for Xperia Go. You need Windows 7 or Vista.

This is for 6.2.A.1.100 on Sony Xperia Go and Windows 7.
1. Connect your phone to your PC,
2. In your mobile, enable "USB Debugging" from Settings -> Applications -> Development
3. In your mobile, enable "Unknown sources" from Settings -> Security
4. In your PC, download ABD Universal Drivers from here: http://adbdriver.com/upload/AdbDriverInstaller.exe
5. Execute the file.
6. The executable will detect your phone. Cick on "Install" to install in your PC the drivers for your mobile.
7. Download the Easy Rooting Toolkit from Doomlord in http://d-h.st/Kmm
8. Extract the file.
9. Execute "runme.bat".
10. Press "1".
11. Wait until reboot.

Thank you again, andy7b9. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
The Following User Says Thank You to crystaldolly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andy7b9
Old
(Last edited by andy7b9; 10th January 2014 at 05:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldolly View Post
Ohhhhhhhhhhh, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you thank you, THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. Gracias, grazie, merci, danke, arigatou gouzaimasu!

You are the best. Why? Because I thought nobody would reply to this thread and I was sad. But then you appeared and solved my problem.

I will post what I did here for someone who needs help too. Windows 8 doesn't work for Xperia Go. You need Windows 7 or Vista.

This is for 6.2.A.1.100 on Sony Xperia Go and Windows 7.
1. Connect your phone to your PC,
2. In your mobile, enable "USB Debugging" from Settings -> Applications -> Development
3. In your mobile, enable "Unknown sources" from Settings -> Security
4. In your PC, download ABD Universal Drivers from here: http://adbdriver.com/upload/AdbDriverInstaller.exe
5. Execute the file.
6. The executable will detect your phone. Cick on "Install" to install in your PC the drivers for your mobile.
7. Download the Easy Rooting Toolkit from Doomlord in http://d-h.st/Kmm
8. Extract the file.
9. Execute "runme.bat".
10. Press "1".
11. Wait until reboot.

Thank you again, andy7b9. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Very nice Something in your question said me, you could do this only with my few informations and you did *highfive*

Thank you for your feedback
Xperia STE

Happy user of unofficial CyanogenMod 11 on Xperia Go from Team STE

Android 4.4.4
Kernel 3.0.101 by Munjeni and Xperia STE