Anthrax
Old
Thanks Meter 777

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrajam View Post
doesn't work with me
what problem you face......
plz describe the method and steps you used.......
Xperia Sola
--------HellKat 4.4.2 by AJ--------
Lava Xtron+
--------Jelly Bean 4.2.2--------

Quote:
XDA-Developers was founded on the simple principal that SHARING IS GOOD and when many people SHARE what they know, EVERYONE benefits. We exist upon this Ethos, we RESPECT each other, we SHARE with each other, we do not judge one another and we HELP all who ask. We believe that while some may have more knowledge than another, none are more important.

J-Santos
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My st25i say that the status for root is no.
Can I just flash the kernel to get root access like U mentioned?

1. Flash ics 6.1.1.b.1.10 Kernel
2. Root with flashtools
3. Flash ics 6.1.1.b.1.54 Kernel

I am on version 6.1.1.b.1.54

Other thing...I have send to sony my IMEI and they gave me the unlock code for the bootloader despite in my phone says like I told you before that "root access not allowed" can I use this code risk free?

I just want the root access I don't mind the locked bootloader but I think I cant have root access if the bootloader is locked correct? I have tried several methods and I am confused, can you please, explain?

What do you recommend the best thing to do?

Thank you in advance.

Sorry for the bad English I hope you understand what I mean.

Anthrax
Old
Thanks Meter 777

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Santos View Post

2. Root with flashtools

Other thing...I have send to sony my IMEI and they gave me the unlock code for the bootloader despite in my phone says like I told you before that "root access not allowed" can I use this code risk free?

I just want the root access I don't mind the locked bootloader but I think I cant have root access if the bootloader is locked correct? I have tried several methods and I am confused, can you please, explain?

Thank you in advance.

Locked bootloader or unlock bootloader has nothing to do with ROOTing.......
So if you BL is locked or not dosent matter.........

You are on .54 FW so use the steps which you mentioned and you will be rooted........
the Code which you received by sending you IMEI no is for unlocking bootloader........
Xperia Sola
Lava Xtron+

Quote:
XDA-Developers was founded on the simple principal that SHARING IS GOOD and when many people SHARE what they know, EVERYONE benefits. We exist upon this Ethos, we RESPECT each other, we SHARE with each other, we do not judge one another and we HELP all who ask. We believe that while some may have more knowledge than another, none are more important.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthrax For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aditya.inst
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Thumbs up no need to have unlocked bootloader to root

Quote:

2. Root with flashtools

Thank you in advance.

yes u can but will need ICS with backup and restore application
download Flashtool and root with unlock icon

u can again permanently unroot too
The Following User Says Thank You to aditya.inst For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Siilver
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Getting frustrated

Quote:

2. Root with flashtools

Thank you in advance.

I can't do this! I tried to flash the .10 Kernel and my phone goes haywire (I can't even mark my PIN because the touch doesn't work)... I've spent so much time trying to root my XU and I got so much frustrated...I'm starting to give up.

Can someone, please, help me?

Anthrax
Old
Thanks Meter 777

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siilver View Post
I can't do this! I tried to flash the .10 Kernel and my phone goes haywire (I can't even mark my PIN because the touch doesn't work)... I've spent so much time trying to root my XU and I got so much frustrated...I'm starting to give up.

Can someone, please, help me?
What is the problem plz explain and provide details.........
Xperia Sola
Lava Xtron+

Quote:

Siilver
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by @nThR@xNine9 View Post
What is the problem plz explain and provide details.........
I'm using the .54 sony rom. I saw a root guide that told me to flash the .10 kernel, so I did it...and after the kernel was flashed...my phone would brick. The touchscreen didn't work, and I couldn't root it trough the flashtool anyway. I tried other guides, but it allways came to the problem of not being able to flash the .10 kernel for the flashtool root to work.

I'm sorry if I can't explain myself better. But I'm not native english. Send me a PM if you need anymore info. Thank you so much.

Anthrax
Old
Thanks Meter 777

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siilver View Post
I'm using the .54 sony rom. I saw a root guide that told me to flash the .10 kernel, so I did it...and after the kernel was flashed...my phone would brick. The touchscreen didn't work, and I couldn't root it trough the flashtool anyway. I tried other guides, but it allways came to the problem of not being able to flash the .10 kernel for the flashtool root to work.

I'm sorry if I can't explain myself better. But I'm not native english. Send me a PM if you need anymore info. Thank you so much.
Are you able to use flashtool????????
can you flash any ftf file??????
if yes then download GB ftf for your fone and then flash it...... this will help you to get your touchscreen working most probably...... coz one person has tried it and this worked for him........
Xperia Sola
Lava Xtron+

Quote:

sachdev.rohan342
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Not working SXU latest firmware 6.1.1.B.1.54

this does not work with xperia u latest firmware!

Tags
guide, root, unlock bootloader, video, xperia u