[Q] I just want a ROM that works 99%

OP tpex

26th May 2014, 07:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Durban
Thanks Meter: 7

44 posts
More
Running on a Xperia Go, and I'm getting tired of struggling with my phone, stock firmware was incredibly slow and bloated, FXP Cyanogenmod 9 worked most of the time, when it didn't freeze or just turn off my phone, but now they stopped development.
FREACK's Cyanogenmod 11 works beautifully and fast, when the Wifi or network connection isn't going down 3 times a day

This is not a bitch thread though, I realise and respect the amount of work it takes to port a ROM to an unsupported device. All I'm asking is for a ROM that is not going to let me down, no freezing, working camera and video, working data and network connection, working Wifi, that doesn't lag to hell, GPS, etc. Example, a ROM for daily use.

I just want some feedback, what works for you? I don't need the latest greatest Android port (thought that would be nice) and I don't have time to install and test a new ROM every 2 weeks.

And some of you may ask, what is the 1% I don't care about working? well FM Radio, what is this, the 1950s?

Many thanks in Advance.
Last edited by tpex; 26th May 2014 at 07:44 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tpex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Flag Durban

44 posts
More
Maybe that explains why FXP gave up, this sub is dead...
27th May 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #3  
Flag Butterworth
Thanks Meter: 129

206 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpex

Maybe that explains why FXP gave up, this sub is dead...

Hi dude,
You could use the AOSX rom developed by wanxp, that thread is active and almost all the features are working except fm radio, wifi direct and music a2dp, this is the rom that I use atm cuz I hardly use radio and wifi direct.. in fact I've never used those features -.- You could also try Munjenis CM11, but then again the bluetooth fails sometimes! Even though it says that it works properly in the OP. It doesn't. Frankly, the BEST LAG FREE rom that I've come across is the CM9.1 rom! Unfortunately its not available for download anymore -.- and I deleted my backup of it after I ragequit after my Xperia Go broke and I started using my Note -.- But I managed to fix it and I'd like to use CM9.1 again.. Can you please upload it for everyone or PM it to me??
The Following User Says Thank You to Hukanawa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Durban

44 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hukanawa

Hi dude,
You could use the AOSX rom developed by wanxp, that thread is active and almost all the features are working except fm radio, wifi direct and music a2dp, this is the rom that I use atm cuz I hardly use radio and wifi direct.. in fact I've never used those features -.- You could also try Munjenis CM11, but then again the bluetooth fails sometimes! Even though it says that it works properly in the OP. It doesn't. Frankly, the BEST LAG FREE rom that I've come across is the CM9.1 rom! Unfortunately its not available for download anymore -.- and I deleted my backup of it after I ragequit after my Xperia Go broke and I started using my Note -.- But I managed to fix it and I'd like to use CM9.1 again.. Can you please upload it for everyone or PM it to me??

Thanks man, I'll check those out.

I have FXP216-cm-9-20130419-UNOFFICIAL-lotus, ZippyShare isn't uploading, can you recommend a place to upload it?
28th May 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #5  
Flag Butterworth

206 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks man, I'll check those out.

I have FXP216-cm-9-20130419-UNOFFICIAL-lotus, ZippyShare isn't uploading, can you recommend a place to upload it?

Hi man,
You could try mediafire of dropbox if its not too much trouble thanks alot man!
10th June 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Durban

44 posts
More
Quote:

Hi man,
You could try mediafire of dropbox if its not too much trouble thanks alot man!

Sorry it's taken so long, my internet has been up to sh**

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9a...it?usp=sharing
10th June 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #7  
Flag Butterworth

206 posts
More
Quote:

Sorry it's taken so long, my internet has been up to sh**

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9a...it?usp=sharing

Thank you SO SO much! Haha I see you've decided to stick with CM9! Great choice! I only say that this is the best rom ever is because it doesn't start to lag over time and everything works great(except for radio.. but you can always download an app!) and gaming is great with no lags(I usually test with Despicable Me and Most Wanted2)! So thank you very much!
10th June 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Durban

44 posts
More
Quote:

Thank you SO SO much! Haha I see you've decided to stick with CM9! Great choice! I only say that this is the best rom ever is because it doesn't start to lag over time and everything works great(except for radio.. but you can always download an app!) and gaming is great with no lags(I usually test with Despicable Me and Most Wanted2)! So thank you very much!

Actually I'm using SlimBean now, I the bugs in that version of FXG CM9 got a bit too much for me, pity the pulled all their Roms for the Go off the site.
13th June 2014, 01:30 AM   |  #9  
Flag Butterworth

206 posts
More
Quote:

Actually I'm using SlimBean now, I the bugs in that version of FXG CM9 got a bit too much for me, pity the pulled all their Roms for the Go off the site.

What bugs in CM9 ._. But all JB roms have call lag :3

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread