Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 38,601 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [GO] Water Damage, Screen Flickering. Solution

Tip us?

Hukanawa
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
Default [Q] [GO] Water Damage, Screen Flickering. Solution

Hi guys,
I took my Go out for a swim and after my swim, the screen started to flicker and eventually the screen died(yes, all the flaps were closed, I double checked). Now this was last month, and I did the whole rice bag thing, and still no improvement :3 But occasionally the screen comes back to life when I tap on it and then dies again.. And last week, I just happened to switch on the phone and it started working like nothing ever happened! And yesterday it stopped working again I took it to the Sony store and they say that it might take about 400RM(120USD) to fix it.. Is there anything that I can do to fix this??
The Following User Says Thank You to Hukanawa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ryccardo
Old
Thanks Meter 123

DONATE TO ME
Try to have it tested for water resistance, if a machine test shows leaks even after cleaning the caps it's not your fault (at least if $ony follows their service manuals to the letter)
Motorola International 8700 (first phone sold in Italy to send SMS) [half bricked] > Acer ? [returned] > Siemens S35i [good] > Samsung SGH-? [stolen] > Nokia 3220 [mostly still OK] > Motorola RAZR [still OK] > iPhone 3G S [2 batteries worn out] > iPhone 4S [I gave up after iOS 7, still has 10 months of warranty] > Samsung Ace 2 i8160 [won at Samsung giveaway, still works fine, CM10.1] > Sony Xperia U [modified Sony 2.3.7]

74NK
Old
Thanks Meter 5
You can open the screws up in the back and manually troubleshoot what is up with it. Check it for any water or moisture on the inside or any damage from it. Good luck

Sent from my Xperia Go using Tapatalk

Hamza Murad
Old
Thanks Meter 76
@Hukanawa
Did you switch it off the instant it got wet. Using the internally wet phone could damage the main board which could be causing the problems.

Or the screen could have been screwed up...

Sent from my Xperia P using Tapatalk

Hukanawa
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamza Murad View Post
@Hukanawa
Did you switch it off the instant it got wet. Using the internally wet phone could damage the main board which could be causing the problems.

Or the screen could have been screwed up...

Sent from my Xperia P using Tapatalk
I did switch it off after the screen started flickering :/.. I opened her up today and theres a a little of rust on one of the connectors that lead from the screen to the board..
The Following User Says Thank You to Hukanawa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

74NK
Old
(Last edited by 74NK; 29th April 2014 at 10:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Well there you go. Youre gonna have to get new parts or fix the old ones.
Try removing the rust from the connector, then fully drying the insides and see if the screen turns on if you moove the connector around. Also check ebay for the price of a new screen. It might be cheaper then you think.

Sent from my Xperia Go using Tapatalk
Tags
damage, flicker, screen, water, xperia