Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [GO] Water Damage, Screen Flickering. Solution

OP Hukanawa

25th April 2014, 08:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Butterworth
Thanks Meter: 129

207 posts
More
Hi guys,
I took my Go out for a swim and after my swim, the screen started to flicker and eventually the screen died(yes, all the flaps were closed, I double checked). Now this was last month, and I did the whole rice bag thing, and still no improvement :3 But occasionally the screen comes back to life when I tap on it and then dies again.. And last week, I just happened to switch on the phone and it started working like nothing ever happened! And yesterday it stopped working again I took it to the Sony store and they say that it might take about 400RM(120USD) to fix it.. Is there anything that I can do to fix this??
The Following User Says Thank You to Hukanawa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 10:52 AM   |  #2  
Flag Imola
Thanks Meter: 125

443 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try to have it tested for water resistance, if a machine test shows leaks even after cleaning the caps it's not your fault (at least if $ony follows their service manuals to the letter)
25th April 2014, 11:39 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

30 posts
You can open the screws up in the back and manually troubleshoot what is up with it. Check it for any water or moisture on the inside or any damage from it. Good luck

Sent from my Xperia Go using Tapatalk
27th April 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #4  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 85

250 posts
More
@Hukanawa
Did you switch it off the instant it got wet. Using the internally wet phone could damage the main board which could be causing the problems.

Or the screen could have been screwed up...

Sent from my Xperia P using Tapatalk
29th April 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Butterworth
Thanks Meter: 129

207 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamza Murad

@Hukanawa
Did you switch it off the instant it got wet. Using the internally wet phone could damage the main board which could be causing the problems.

Or the screen could have been screwed up...

Sent from my Xperia P using Tapatalk

I did switch it off after the screen started flickering :/.. I opened her up today and theres a a little of rust on one of the connectors that lead from the screen to the board..
The Following User Says Thank You to Hukanawa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2014, 10:57 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 5

30 posts
Well there you go. Youre gonna have to get new parts or fix the old ones.
Try removing the rust from the connector, then fully drying the insides and see if the screen turns on if you moove the connector around. Also check ebay for the price of a new screen. It might be cheaper then you think.

Sent from my Xperia Go using Tapatalk
Last edited by 74NK; 29th April 2014 at 11:00 AM.
24th December 2014, 10:10 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
After water damage my xperia z3 having the same problem! Screen flickering, brightness is very low I can barely see anything in daylight! Otherwise everything working fine! Any idea what might causing the problem? Is it the screen or the motherboard is damaged?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
damage, flicker, screen, water, xperia
Previous Thread Next Thread