[Q] Xperia U Hard Brick no fastboot no flashmode no usb detection

OP vistax86

2nd November 2013, 08:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

6 posts
Hey there, I have and Xperia U unlocked bootloader and rooted device, before a week I used an app called Multi Mount SD Card Mounter to mount the internal storage, while I was doing some stuff on my pc by mistake I burned an ISO of backtrack on it(selected Phone SDcard instead of flashdrive), while it was formatting, I quickly removed the usb.
After a while I inserted it into my pc and what i found was message "Do you want to format?" So I tried to format it but it failed, later on I opened CWM and select Mount USB Storage and I was able to format it to FAT file system. but when I connected it when the phone was booted up, I still got "Do you want to format ?"

So I googled and found some commands to re partition the storage (adb or mkfsdos etc), plus one more command to remount the sdcard,
finally I got my internal storage but it was only 128KB partition!!, plus no files in it. While I was able to mount my real sdcard from CWM, the booted phone couldn't recogize it and saying "sdcard damaged" couldn't mount. etc, Couldn't perform format sdcard from CWM too. (error mounting sdcard)

Atlast thought to reboot phone and try again but it didn't, No Charging LED, no fastboot, no flashmode nothing...
Just blank!
Bricked totally..
I sent my phone to sony center, they said motherboard is damaged it needs to be replaced costing around 50% of my phone price. I took it back from center without any repairs and what I found was I got the red charging led when I charged my phone.
I tried many combinations vol up vol down power(for 15 seconds and all everything)
I cannot boot my phone into flashmode nor fastboot no CWM (PC doesn't detect the device) just the charging led..
I think I've messed up with the bootloader or something.
If any possible solutions please help...

Thanks in advance..
27th January 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Unhappy help
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistax86

Hey there, I have and Xperia U unlocked bootloader and rooted device, before a week I used an app called Multi Mount SD Card Mounter to mount the internal storage, while I was doing some stuff on my pc by mistake I burned an ISO of backtrack on it(selected Phone SDcard instead of flashdrive), while it was formatting, I quickly removed the usb.
After a while I inserted it into my pc and what i found was message "Do you want to format?" So I tried to format it but it failed, later on I opened CWM and select Mount USB Storage and I was able to format it to FAT file system. but when I connected it when the phone was booted up, I still got "Do you want to format ?"

So I googled and found some commands to re partition the storage (adb or mkfsdos etc), plus one more command to remount the sdcard,
finally I got my internal storage but it was only 128KB partition!!, plus no files in it. While I was able to mount my real sdcard from CWM, the booted phone couldn't recogize it and saying "sdcard damaged" couldn't mount. etc, Couldn't perform format sdcard from CWM too. (error mounting sdcard)

Atlast thought to reboot phone and try again but it didn't, No Charging LED, no fastboot, no flashmode nothing...
Just blank!
Bricked totally..
I sent my phone to sony center, they said motherboard is damaged it needs to be replaced costing around 50% of my phone price. I took it back from center without any repairs and what I found was I got the red charging led when I charged my phone.
I tried many combinations vol up vol down power(for 15 seconds and all everything)
I cannot boot my phone into flashmode nor fastboot no CWM (PC doesn't detect the device) just the charging led..
I think I've messed up with the bootloader or something.
If any possible solutions please help...

Thanks in advance..

did you get the solution for this?
i m having the same problem...pc not deteceting it...no flahmode..no booting
29th January 2014, 04:37 AM   |  #3  

4 posts
TRY THIS
Try this first remove battery from set and connect it with pc then insert battery .
if nothing then try with fast boot combination or flash mode hold button and insert battery ( hold the key then insert battery ) . Try it
18th March 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #4  

1 posts
Thanks a lot bro !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by somu01

Try this first remove battery from set and connect it with pc then insert battery .
if nothing then try with fast boot combination or flash mode hold button and insert battery ( hold the key then insert battery ) . Try it

Thnaks a lot bro.. U saved my phone. !! i flashed the wrong kernel and my phone was not able to get to fastboot or flashmode. ur trick worked.. Thanks again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread