Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,990 Members 37,126 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wifi problem

Tip us?
 
x.name2008
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location [Q] Wifi problem

hi, i have a lt22i and it has damaged physically. now the only problem is when i turn the wifi on, it reboots and stocks on sony logo so i have to flash it a new rom again. this is just to turn the wifi off.
i flashed a custom kernel to install a custom rom to modify the wifi and still no hope because it can not boot custom kernels.
now i just have to find a way to disable or remove wifi from my settings.
any solution?
thanks
 
ChikeD
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 465
Posts: 1,603
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by x.name2008 View Post
hi, i have a lt22i and it has damaged physically. now the only problem is when i turn the wifi on, it reboots and stocks on sony logo so i have to flash it a new rom again. this is just to turn the wifi off.
i flashed a custom kernel to install a custom rom to modify the wifi and still no hope because it can not boot custom kernels.
now i just have to find a way to disable or remove wifi from my settings.
any solution?
thanks
LOL
Is it that hard for you to ignore wifi settings and leave it off?
 
x.name2008
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikeD View Post
LOL
Is it that hard for you to ignore wifi settings and leave it off?
LOL !!!
its not my phone !!!
maybe i can, and he may do this but what if somebody else accidentally do this? then everything will BOOM !!!!
i want to do this once forever
 
ChikeD
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 465
Posts: 1,603
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by x.name2008 View Post
LOL !!!
its not my phone !!!
maybe i can, and he may do this but what if somebody else accidentally do this? then everything will BOOM !!!!
i want to do this once forever
Then you will have to mod settings and the UI and quick settings, and could be a few others
 
ChikeD
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 465
Posts: 1,603
Join Date: Jun 2013
Just a thought, maybe delete the wifi driver?
 
x.name2008
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikeD View Post
Then you will have to mod settings and the UI and quick settings, and could be a few others
ok. how to? root needed? which app can do this?
 
ChikeD
Old
(Last edited by ChikeD; 24th March 2014 at 05:33 PM.)
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 465
Posts: 1,603
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by x.name2008 View Post
ok. how to? root needed? which app can do this?
Not sure, Settings SystemUI and OnOfTools APKs I think.
Of course root is needed to install them.
Have you tried to delete the wifi drivers?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Quick Control Panel Updated, Adds Notification Support

As some of you may remember, earlier this year we spoke about Quick Control Panel by … more

Narrate Makes Note Taking Efficient and Beautiful

Technology has put life on the fast track. Whether its travelling to multiple places or … more

Android App Review: How to Speed Up Your Android Phone – XDA Developer TV

Is your Android device running slow? Is your Android device … more

Make a Pre-Rooted Stock Sony ROMs in Just Few Clicks

Many usersdon’t see any particular reason to change out the stock firmware … more