[Q] Xperia U Camera

Tip us?

GTARaja
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Default [Q] Xperia U Camera

Dear all,

We XU owners must be aware that the camera of XU is nice when we all were using GB or any GB based rom but as the device got updated to ICS camera quality degraded. Camera was very slow while focusing and yellowish picture were coming same is with JB Roms. Can someone explain what can be the problem. if it is kernel related problem is there any kernel which is having good camera drivers and runs on JB or Kitkat Rom

thanx

sandeepdarklord
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Noticed by me too

Sent from my Xperia U Jellybean with XDA Premium

sjnonweb
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Yeah i noticed it too, hardware is there but it seems sony didnt worked on the firmware side of the camera on ICS. Picture quality depends a lot upon image processing software.

I hope someeone could work on that.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Yeah i noticed it too, hardware is there but it seems sony didnt worked enough on the firmware of ICS. Picture quality depends a lot upon image processing software.

Unofficial JB 4.1.2 Kontini

GTARaja
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnonweb View Post
Yeah i noticed it too, hardware is there but it seems sony didnt worked on the firmware side of the camera on ICS. Picture quality depends a lot upon image processing software.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Yeah i noticed it too, hardware is there but it seems sony didnt worked enough on the firmware of ICS. Picture quality depends a lot upon image processing software.

Who man?? Not a single person has developed a rom on which camera works perfectly. Hope Sony has hidden something which was in GB but forgot to include in ICS.cuz in JB and Kitkat Camera performing the same. Might be some tweak by Sony for GB

Mixaserbia
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default very bad :(

hiii,
i am still on GB which was at first in phone,and was just about to unlock bootloader so i can install jelly bean roms,because i heard that camera is fixed in those roms and much better then ics and that pictures are with good balance and not yellow like in ICS,and now i saw this and i am completely dissapointed and dont know is there a point in unlocking if camera is still bad even in jelly bean.so please confirm to me are pictures in jelly bean rom (dewsvift or pipi's or any oyher stock jelly bean) still yellowish like in stock ICS?

GTARaja
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixaserbia View Post
hiii,
i am still on GB which was at first in phone,and was just about to unlock bootloader so i can install jelly bean roms,because i heard that camera is fixed in those roms and much better then ics and that pictures are with good balance and not yellow like in ICS,and now i saw this and i am completely dissapointed and dont know is there a point in unlocking if camera is still bad even in jelly bean.so please confirm to me are pictures in jelly bean rom (dewsvift or pipi's or any oyher stock jelly bean) still yellowish like in stock ICS?
In Stock ICS Roms problem is there.Jelly Bean there is a quite improvement (not much). The camera is just awesome in GB but its okay with JB n Kitkat.

sandeepdarklord
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I'm using stock jb but I don't think camera has improvements it's same as ics

Sent from my Xperia U Jellybean with XDA Premium