Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more
Post Reply

[Q] My Xperia U Died?

OP shakamaxd

1st June 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Hi.

Today I wanted to install this rom
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...eased-t1946478

I had installed many roms in my device, so I know how the process is, also I followed the instructions of the thread, but something that I find strange is that in the Zip that I downloaded there's no a .img file, so I guessed that it was not necessary using the Flashtool for installing this rom.

I entered in recovery mode and made the wipes, installed the zip, and rebooted the device, but when my phone turned on it showed the Sony logo of my previous rom, and just that, it just freezes in that logo and nothing happens .

I'm so worried, please, can you help me?
1st June 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Imola
Thanks Meter: 123
 
440 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Donate to Me
More
It's for locked bootloader, so the correct kernel for an unlocked phone is one for stock {ICS|JB} depending on what that ROM is based on
1st June 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #3  
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakamaxd

Hi.

Today I wanted to install this rom
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...eased-t1946478

I had installed many roms in my device, so I know how the process is, also I followed the instructions of the thread, but something that I find strange is that in the Zip that I downloaded there's no a .img file, so I guessed that it was not necessary using the Flashtool for installing this rom.

I entered in recovery mode and made the wipes, installed the zip, and rebooted the device, but when my phone turned on it showed the Sony logo of my previous rom, and just that, it just freezes in that logo and nothing happens .

I'm so worried, please, can you help me?

Just unbrick it with flashtool and the stock file ! (because if you didn't touch the kernel , there's should be nothing to worry about. )
2nd June 2014, 03:01 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu--X

Just unbrick it with flashtool and the stock file ! (because if you didn't touch the kernel , there's should be nothing to worry about. )

I tried to install the xperia u 2.3 gingerbread firmware with flashtool, but i dont know why this appears

01/017/2014 21:17:23 - INFO - Selected Bundle for Xperia u st25i. FW release : 6.0.B.3.188 (GB 2.3.7). Customization : Generic USER
01/017/2014 21:17:23 - INFO - Preparing files for flashing
01/018/2014 21:18:38 - INFO - Please connect your device into flashmode.
01/019/2014 21:19:28 - INFO - Device connected in flash mode
01/019/2014 21:19:28 - INFO - Opening device for R/W
01/019/2014 21:19:30 - INFO - Start Flashing
01/019/2014 21:19:30 - INFO - Processing loader.sin
01/019/2014 21:19:30 - INFO - Checking header
01/019/2014 21:19:30 - ERROR - Processing of loader.sin finished with errors.
01/019/2014 21:19:30 - INFO - Ending flash session
01/019/2014 21:19:30 - ERROR -
01/019/2014 21:19:30 - ERROR - Error flashing. Aborted
01/019/2014 21:19:31 - INFO - Device connected in flash mode

Why that appears? please help me
30th June 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #5  
DejVidKo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Topoľčany
Thanks Meter: 19
 
156 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
NO panic bro ! . Try http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/...pdate-service/ ! . Install,RUN program,find Xperia U next it is instructions for repair phone .
Or is good software : Sony PC Companion - it's almost the same thing
30th June 2014, 07:17 AM   |  #6  
ambesh.c's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
I also had the problem like this ,,,I just flashed official stock rom v4 mobile started working ,,
2nd July 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakamaxd

I tried to install the xperia u 2.3 gingerbread firmware with flashtool, but i dont know why this appears

01/017/2014 21:17:23 - INFO - Selected Bundle for Xperia u st25i. FW release : 6.0.B.3.188 (GB 2.3.7). Customization : Generic USER
01/017/2014 21:17:23 - INFO - Preparing files for flashing
01/018/2014 21:18:38 - INFO - Please connect your device into flashmode.
01/019/2014 21:19:28 - INFO - Device connected in flash mode
01/019/2014 21:19:28 - INFO - Opening device for R/W
01/019/2014 21:19:30 - INFO - Start Flashing
01/019/2014 21:19:30 - INFO - Processing loader.sin
01/019/2014 21:19:30 - INFO - Checking header
01/019/2014 21:19:30 - ERROR - Processing of loader.sin finished with errors.
01/019/2014 21:19:30 - INFO - Ending flash session
01/019/2014 21:19:30 - ERROR -
01/019/2014 21:19:30 - ERROR - Error flashing. Aborted
01/019/2014 21:19:31 - INFO - Device connected in flash mode

Why that appears? please help me


Tick "no final verification" checkbox and flash. If still cant, try to download other .ftf preferably WORLD_GENERIC version.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes