Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,696 Members 37,796 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia u external speaker

Tip us?

animesh14
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Xperia u external speaker

hey guys, my xperia u's external speaker has became very low, and even the ringtone is not audible from like 5-6 feets away. i tried flashing stock ROM and the speaker volume improved a bit, (i know AOSP and CM ROMs have low volume) but its still not that ok. My guess is that its a hardware related issue, and in that case i should get the speaker replaced, so my question is, how much will it cost? and if i get it replaced with a duplicate speaker, will it work if i change ROMs? and if its a software related issue, what else can i do other than flashing stock ROM. Also, the speaker feels distorted apart from being very low. Currently using stock ICS. Thanks.

lols21.10
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by animesh14 View Post
hey guys, my xperia u's external speaker has became very low, and even the ringtone is not audible from like 5-6 feets away. i tried flashing stock ROM and the speaker volume improved a bit, (i know AOSP and CM ROMs have low volume) but its still not that ok. My guess is that its a hardware related issue, and in that case i should get the speaker replaced, so my question is, how much will it cost? and if i get it replaced with a duplicate speaker, will it work if i change ROMs? and if its a software related issue, what else can i do other than flashing stock ROM. Also, the speaker feels distorted apart from being very low. Currently using stock ICS. Thanks.
Don'y know about the hardware part but same things happened to me . Than i flashed omini 4.4.2 and the sound is really loud . try it worked for me

Ryu--X
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by animesh14 View Post

Maybe you could try any apk like Speaker Boost and see the changes...

Otherwise , you can find some cheap broken Xperia on ebay