Xperia U flash mode not recognized.

Search This thread

xnd_bogdan

Dec 4, 2012
HerpDerp
Okay, so i've played a bit with CWM recovery.
My device cannot have it's boodloader unlocked.
Yesterday, i accidentally flashed something that was for devices with bootloader unlocked and the phone didn't start after reboot.
If i press the power button it just vibrates once, but doesn't start.
If i put it in flash mode my pc tells me that the device cannot be recognized.(Device enumeration failed)
I want to flash it to stock firmware.
What can i do?

Last edited:

AD9295

Apr 30, 2013
Pune
Yesterday, i accidentally flashed something that was for devices with bootloader unlocked and the phone didn't start after reboot.
If i put it in flash mode my pc tells me that the device cannot be recognized.
What can i do?

You soft-bricked your phone. I had also made this mistake when i first flashed the rom.

1. Download flashtool for xperia devices. http://androxyde.github.io/

2. Go to the folder where you installed flashtool. There you'll see a folder named - drivers.

3. Click on it and run the exe file.

4. In the driver installation wizard you'll see names of phone models. Check on xperia p, u sola and go then in same list scroll down and also check fastboot and flashtool drivers. Let drivers install (i recommend to turn off firewall and and antivirus for this).

5. Run the flashtool. Then press and hold vol down button and plug your phone to pc. Let flashtool detect your phone.

6. Then download and Flash the stock firmware. For that you need to copy ftf file to the folder called 'firmwares'. You can find that folder where you installed flashtool.

7. In flashtool click the thunder icon, select flashmode, select the ftf file you need to install, be sure to tick - wipe data, wipe apps, wide app log

8. then let flashtool flash the stock rom

9. Unlock the bootloader properly. For that note down your imei no. somewhere. Then on sony developer site request for bootloader unlock then you'll get a mail having a password. note it carefully.

10. click on 'unlock symbol' in flashtool and it will guide unlock your bootloader.

11. Press thanks if i helped.

xnd_bogdan

Dec 4, 2012
HerpDerp
You soft-bricked your phone. I had also made this mistake when i first flashed the rom.

2. Go to the folder where you installed flashtool. There you'll see a folder named - drivers.

4. In the driver installation wizard you'll see names of phone models. Check on xperia p, u sola and go then in same list scroll down and also check fastboot and flashtool drivers. Let drivers install (i recommend to turn off firewall and and antivirus for this).

5. Run the flashtool. Then press and hold vol down button and plug your phone to pc. Let flashtool detect your phone.

6. Then download and Flash the stock firmware. For that you need to copy ftf file to the folder called 'firmwares'. You can find that folder where you installed flashtool.

7. In flashtool click the thunder icon, select flashmode, select the ftf file you need to install, be sure to tick - wipe data, wipe apps, wide app log

9. Unlock the bootloader properly. For that note down your imei no. somewhere. Then on sony developer site request for bootloader unlock then you'll get a mail having a password. note it carefully.

10. click on 'unlock symbol' in flashtool and it will guide unlock your bootloader.

You would've helped me if it wasn't for:
1. Phone is not starting up, just vibrating once. If plugged into computer gives "USB not recognized error"
Drivers are installed corectly, but after this brick, pc is not recognizing the phone.
2. I cannot unlock the bootloader, the phone is Bootloader Unlock Allowed: NO, got it from Orange Romania carrier.

Reactions: abdulbasitnawaz

xnd_bogdan

Dec 4, 2012
HerpDerp
It was the pc with windows 8.1
So i flashed B89 firmware, but it seems to be non-rootable.
My sim is not detected either.
Any ideea what could be the problem?

Last edited:

bibhu059

Aug 15, 2012
Bhubaneswar
If i put it in flash mode my pc tells me that the device cannot be recognized.(Device enumeration failed)
What can i do?

Which os you are running on your desktop??I have xp sp3.flashmod and fastboot mod both are working well..try to install flashtool latest version..after installation go to the installation directory of flashtool.there you will see a driver option..install flashtool drivers for Xperia u.during flashmod connection if any driver installation wizard comes then go to the advanced restore place and choose your flashmod driver..problem will be soved:sly:

Sent from my ST25i using xda premium

xnd_bogdan

Dec 4, 2012
HerpDerp
Which os you are running on your desktop??I have xp sp3.flashmod and fastboot mod both are working well..try to install flashtool latest version..after installation go to the installation directory of flashtool.there you will see a driver option..install flashtool drivers for Xperia u.during flashmod connection if any driver installation wizard comes then go to the advanced restore place and choose your flashmod driver..problem will be soved:sly:

Sent from my ST25i using xda premium

made it with windows 8 on my laptop.
I repaired the device, but now with the original firmware it sais that it can't recognize my sim card.
What to do?

xnd_bogdan

Dec 4, 2012
HerpDerp
Had you made the repair with the official software PC companion?

I can't. The laptop with windows 8 isn't really mine.
And the desktop with windows 8.1 doesn't recognize my device when in flash mode.
I will try flashing generic baseband and hope for the best.
!Update! - Just tested with Sony Pc companion, it installed ICS B54 on my phone, sim card still not usable. In lock screen it sais "No service".
What baseband do i need for usage using Orange sim card?

Last edited:

AD9295

Apr 30, 2013
Pune
And the desktop with windows 8.1 doesn't recognize my device when in flash mode.
!Update! - Just tested with Sony Pc companion, it installed ICS B54 on my phone, sim card still not usable. In lock screen it sais "No service".

If you are completely stock then dont worry just clear cache and dalvik and then power off your phone for 4-5 hours. Then your phone will able to detect sim card.

It happens with me too.

Its a very weird bug.. I dont know how to fix it.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

1. Phone is not starting up, just vibrating once. If plugged into computer gives "USB not recognized error"
Drivers are installed corectly, but after this brick, pc is not recognizing the phone.
2. I cannot unlock the bootloader, the phone is Bootloader Unlock Allowed: NO, got it from Orange Romania carrier.

flashtool is the best way to recover. i dont reallyy like pc companion..it has lot of issues with different windows versions. Sorry bout bootloader unlock i dint know you are not allowed to unlock bootloader.

Reactions: xnd_bogdan

xnd_bogdan

Dec 4, 2012
HerpDerp
If you are completely stock then dont worry just clear cache and dalvik and then power off your phone for 4-5 hours. Then your phone will able to detect sim card.

It happens with me too.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

flashtool is the best way to recover. i dont reallyy like pc companion..it has lot of issues with different windows versions. Sorry bout bootloader unlock i dint know you are not allowed to unlock bootloader.

Ok man, thanks.
Can you provide firmware that would work fine with my phone?
I will flash it then completely power down for 4-5 hours.

xnd_bogdan

Dec 4, 2012
HerpDerp
His phone is st25a carrier.locked.....so ya....world generic won't work...

He should seek help of service center...as that.firmware we don't have it

Sent from my ST25i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I did flash a generic firmware a while ago and it worked.
I don't think that my phone is st25a.
I bought it from romania, so i think it would be st25i.

Last edited:

AD9295

Apr 30, 2013
Pune

b.1.89 for st25i --> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2240342

b.1.10 for st25a --> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1916419

to know whether your phone is st25i or a dial *#*#7378423#*#*

then go to service info --> model info

even if you arent stock you should still try switching off ur phone for 4-5 hours coz i wasnt on stock when that problem came up..

Last edited:
Reactions: xnd_bogdan

xnd_bogdan

Dec 4, 2012
HerpDerp

even if you arent stock you should still try switching off ur phone for 4-5 hours coz i wasnt on stock when that problem came up..

Thanks a lot man.
I like the xda comunity, always helping. I will try and find out now what phone i have.
Will post update.
PS: I forgot to say about this strange thing.
If i start up phone without sim, it can detect the baseband version and the IMEI.
But if i reboot with sim in, it sais nothing when i ask for imei *#06#.
It just sais: "IMEI"
Update: phone is ST25i

Last edited:

xnd_bogdan

Dec 4, 2012
HerpDerp

Flashed the B.1.89 as the phone said it's st25i.
Removed battery.
Will wait for about 6 hours then put back battery and power it up.
I will also post update about phone status.

xnd_bogdan

Dec 4, 2012
HerpDerp
Flashed the B.1.89 as the phone said it's st25i.
Removed battery.
Will wait for about 6 hours then put back battery and power it up.
I will also post update about phone status.

Update: after more than 6 hours without battery, i've put in in then start phone..Still no signal.
Also, when my sim is plugged in it can't recognize the phone's IMEI or Baseband.
But, when i start it up without sim it does.
It can't search for networks either with sim in or without.
Any more fixes available??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If i put it in flash mode my pc tells me that the device cannot be recognized.
    What can i do?

What can i do?

It happens with me too.