[Q] Xperia U Hard bricked (I think) need help :(

Tip us?

monsterkavi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] Xperia U Hard bricked (I think) need help :(

~Help~
I plugged in my phone to the wall charger (because my phones battery was low not dead..) and when i checked whether it had charged after about 30 mins.. My phone DIDN'T respond.. my notification LED was flashing (Which means that my phone wasnt dead.. I pulled out the battery and put it back in right away.. My phone didnt boot up.. i pulled out my battery a couple more times thinking that it was a lose battery fault or something but no.. A few hours later i tried searching online for help.. I read some posts which had been posted on XDA saying that if your phone is soft Bricked u have to flash a new kernel and etc... i tried to boot my phone into Flashmode, it didnt respond. Not even fastboot mode.. When i connect my phone to a USB cable.. the notification LED gives out a red light and after 10-15 mins it goes off.. Its been almost a week now.. And Yes i've unlocked my Bootloader and rooter my XPERIA U. If you guys know something that i could do to get my phone back up and running again.. please tell me.. thanks in advance

doctor_droid
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1589
I need to know which kernel were u using... may be kernel doesnt supports offline charging...
I am not sure whether its a hard brick... coz phones just dont brick themselves

Okay u can do some crazy things..
Try charging the phone via a wall charger... keep it for atleast an hour...
If it doesnt works...
Try wid a usb charger... connected to a laptop or so...

After this pull off the battery... keep it out for 10seconds or so..
Insert battery
Dont try to swtich on ..
Try connecting in fastboot mode ....
The Following User Says Thank You to doctor_droid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

monsterkavi
Old
(Last edited by monsterkavi; 19th December 2013 at 03:15 PM.) Reason: Forgot to include some information
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_droid View Post
I need to know which kernel were u using... may be kernel doesnt supports offline charging...
I am not sure whether its a hard brick... coz phones just dont brick themselves

Okay u can do some crazy things..
Try charging the phone via a wall charger... keep it for atleast an hour...
If it doesnt works...
Try wid a usb charger... connected to a laptop or so...

After this pull off the battery... keep it out for 10seconds or so..
Insert battery
Dont try to swtich on ..
Try connecting in fastboot mode ....
I was using Unofficial_StockJB_XU_V6
I tried charging via a wall charger for about 7 hours now
i'll try to charge with a USB charger connected to my pc.. Fingers crossed.. BTW
How long should i charge it i mean.. Do i have to wait for a sign?
(Like, the red charging light from the notificaton LED)
(the Red LED just turns on when i plug in the Wall/ USB charger and goes off after 10-15 mins)
or would the phone turn on by itself?

doctor_droid
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterkavi

I was using Unofficial_StockJB_XU_V6
I tried charging via a wall charger for about 7 hours now
i'll try to charge with a USB charger connected to my pc.. Fingers crossed.. BTW
How long should i charge it i mean.. Do i have to wait for a sign?
(Like, the red charging light from the notificaton LED)
(the Red LED just turns on when i plug in the Wall/ USB charger and goes off after 10-15 mins)
or would the phone turn on by itself?
How much time.. I dont knw..
Do u know anyone with a xperia u ... u can use his battery atleast to change the kernel

monsterkavi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
How much time.. I dont knw..
Do u know anyone with a xperia u ... u can use his battery atleast to change the kernel
You mean if i use his battery to change my kernal? wait i tried out something like that.. I mean
I used his phone to charge my battery to 90% then put the battery into my phone.. But it didnt help.
I'll ask for his battery and see what happens

doctor_droid
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1589
Quote:
You mean if i use his battery to change my kernal? wait i tried out something like that.. I mean
I used his phone to charge my battery to 90% then put the battery into my phone.. But it didnt help.
I'll ask for his battery and see what happens
U should try practically everything u can... i had this issue once when i did some beta kernel testing ... bt finally my phone picked up a charge within 15mins... and quickly changed the kernel

monsterkavi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
U should try practically everything u can... i had this issue once when i did some beta kernel testing ... bt finally my phone picked up a charge within 15mins... and quickly changed the kernel
I didnt touch my phone for 2 days.. (I left the battery to drain out) I plugged in the charger and kept it there for about 8 hours.. (its still charging)
Should i wait for a Sony Logo?or should i try to Flash a new kernal? Im not getting a Charging notification LED (Red light) it came on when i plugged in the charger and went off 10 minutes later..
I know bro im trying if this doesnt work. what else should I try?

doctor_droid
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1589
Quote:

I didnt touch my phone for 2 days.. (I left the battery to drain out) I plugged in the charger and kept it there for about 8 hours.. (its still charging)
Should i wait for a Sony Logo?or should i try to Flash a new kernal? Im not getting a Charging notification LED (Red light) it came on when i plugged in the charger and went off 10 minutes later..
How are u supposed a flash a new kernel unless u get into fastboot...
I suspect a hardware problem .. u have warranty?

The_Ace
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterkavi View Post
Remove the battery and leave it that way for an hour and then press and hold the power button for 60 seconds (without the battery)
and then insert the battery and try to enter the flashmode and report you might get it if it is not hardbrick.
prepare the stock rom in flashtool before you try to enter the flashmode in your phone....