Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,733 Members 53,800 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia u microphone not working

Tip us?

cid1987
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Xperia u microphone not working

Hi guys,

I've been looking for a couple of weeks now how to solve the problem with both the microphones not working on my Xperia U st25i.
After trying everything I've read about this topic (disabling the live wallpapers, Live Manager, soft reset, repair with PCCompanion, etc) I haven't been able to find a solution. So I ask a friend of mine, that has the same model, if I could disassembly his phone and try to connect the bottom part (where the primary microphone is allocated) to my phone to see if at least my primary mic would work. When I was at the point of disassembling the bottom part of his phone I saw that the ribbon connected to the phone could break so I decided not to go any further. So I reassembled his phone and the result was that now his primary mic isn't working. So now I have one phone with both microphones not working and another one with the primary microphone not working.

Anyone knows what could I have done disassembling my friend's phone to break the primary microphone?

Thanks

cid1987
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok guys, I've finally figured out. Turns out usually the zif connector has a black plate that holds the connector in place, but for some reason this two phones didn't have it. So the solution was to bend a little downwards the little pins above the ribbon so they can make contact to the ribbon itself. Now the mics are working.

SOLVED.