FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

Help!!! stuck in flash mode

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By super hans, Junior Member on 21st June 2012, 10:56 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Someone help me please, I was trying to re-lock the boot loader on my xperia s with flashtool 0.8.6.0 folowing the guide on here and now I'm stuck in flashmode I've tried a hard reset, flashing stock ftf and nothing's working flashtool just say's --flashing finished
-please wait phone will reboot
-for flashtool unknown sources and debugging must be checked in the phone settings
-device connected in flashmode

I really hope the phone is not bricked any help very much appreciated guys
Simon

21st June 2012, 10:59 PM |#2  
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 299

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by super hans

Someone help me please, I was trying to re-lock the boot loader on my xperia s with flashtool 0.8.6.0 folowing the guide on here and now I'm stuck in flashmode I've tried a hard reset, flashing stock ftf and nothing's working flashtool just say's --flashing finished
-please wait phone will reboot
-for flashtool unknown sources and debugging must be checked in the phone settings

I really hope the phone is not bricked any help very much appreciated guys
Simon

Did you try to post in the same thread you got the instruction?
So have unplug the device but the LED green light is on? the Vol+ & power together till three vibrates didn't work?
The Following User Says Thank You to Nimche For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2012, 11:05 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Yes thats right if i unplug the device the LED goes out but when i push the power button it just flashes green and nothing happens, I've tried the volume up + power it vibrates 3 times like normal but when i push the power button the same happens green LED flash
no I haven't tried that I'll post it in there now cheers for the advice
21st June 2012, 11:06 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
flash the firmware again, and when you plug in the phone, hold the volume down button only, you dont have to hold the power one, it should go into flash mode now
21st June 2012, 11:12 PM |#5  
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 299

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by super hans

Yes thats right if i unplug the device the LED goes out but when i push the power button it just flashes green and nothing happens, I've tried the volume up + power it vibrates 3 times like normal but when i push the power button the same happens green LED flash
no I haven't tried that I'll post it in there now cheers for the advice

unplug the cable from your phone, then hold the vol + and power till vibrates three times. now your phone is off,
lunch flashtool and initiate the flashing process with ICS firmware and hold vol - and plug the phone in, see if that works.

Sony developer on the forum believe that no one could hardly brick a Sony phone.
21st June 2012, 11:40 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
it wont let me flash ftf as it keeps dropping out of flashmode then re entering it flashtool is saying
-ERROR flashing aborted
-device disconnected
over and over again, I can get it into fastboot mode is there anyway I can re flash ftf in fastboot through cmd?
22nd June 2012, 05:48 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
I think the battery might be dead now when I connect it all i get is a red LED
27th June 2012, 12:56 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello!
It appears I have the same issue with xperia pro. After flashing the official 4.0.4 rom with flashtool the log says:
Code:
27/032/2012 15:32:18 - INFO  - Flashing finished.
27/032/2012 15:32:18 - INFO  - Please wait. Phone will reboot
27/032/2012 15:32:18 - INFO  - For flashtool, Unknown Sources and Debugging must be checked in phone settings
27/032/2012 15:32:18 - INFO  - Device connected in flash mode
The phone doesn't respond, the green led is on.
Have you been able to restore the phone functioning?

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Ah, it's okay. I re-flashed the phone with a different rom and now it is working fine.
28th June 2012, 08:42 PM |#9  
Flag Curitiba

Donate to Me
More
Hi.

I had a similar issue on a Xperia Play. Try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1126358
27th March 2013, 11:04 AM |#10  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 287

Donate to Me
More
relocked bootloader trough flashtool to see if i could get bravia engine 2 working and now my phone won't start, just vibrates one time and green led light and thats it.

help please!!!!!
28th March 2013, 04:17 AM |#11  
Flag Curitiba

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackerpower

relocked bootloader trough flashtool to see if i could get bravia engine 2 working and now my phone won't start, just vibrates one time and green led light and thats it.

help please!!!!!

try to flash a new stock rom.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)