XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia P battery drain easy fix

Tip us?

PGTomsk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Xperia P battery drain easy fix

BEFORE my SXP could hardly live a day. Overnight it ate 20% of the battery just laying next to the bed. As I do not have any apps except those stock I cannot remove, I was surprised by the behaviour of the Android which drained the battery even more than the screen.

I SEARCHED a lot for any fixes or reasons, but I got nothing except some rooted methods and alternative roms. I even already thought about changing the rom, but as CM9 or CM10 are not yet ready I left this idea.

One day I suddenly REMOVED WEATHER WIDGET and next day I found it was a solution. AFTER that my battery is drained 2-3% overnight and 50% during the day when I am busy with my job not using the SXP for movie or games. This made a huge difference to me.

Before writing this post I TESTED. I moved the weather widget back. Put the SXP on the table for 3 hours and got 10% of the battery away. Than removed the weather widget and put it again on the table for 3 hours more. It drained 3% only (wifi and sync was on in both tests).This is not a big statistics but for me it proves the easy solution - STOCK WEATHER WIDGET DRAINES THE BATTERY and the phone can live 3 times more without it.

So if your battery life on SXP is the same pain as it was for me - remove stock weather widget and try to use another if needed.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to PGTomsk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

quadlt
Old
Thanks Meter 5
This is quite weird. Never had anything like this on my S, not sure what could be different on SXP. I could suggest you enabling 'Use only 2G networks' option under network settings, that did greatly improve my battery and it gets only to 47% with gaming and messaging in whole day, while with 3G I had to recharge it everynight. Also try decreasing brightness a bit, that helps saving those few % too. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to quadlt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Harish Bhukya
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This is not happening on my xperia P

Snowstormzzz
Old
Thanks Meter 30
For the weather widget, what's the sync settings? If the app checks the weather data every 15 minutes, you're gonna have a bad time.

Not that I know, I use a custom app for my weather widget.

kharlitoh
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up true

very true sir..even with other widgets they consume different percentages to the total battery life, i highly suggest using only the most simple widgets and removing the less important once, i only have a battery percentage widget and music player widget, i dont have a battery saving application though i have the stock ES task manager widget on home screen too but it only allows me to kill unused apps in a click and also when i turn off the screen.. my battery lasts 2 - 3 days max, no kidding, and i use it moderate to heavy,also brightness is set to just the right level.. this should apply to every other android device, though it still varies with the phones specs, if it has a large screen and multiple processor, it should consume more, but the little details that you adjust or disable should do the trick.. i also recommend using scheduled on-off which i believe is stock in most android phone, overnight, i only get 1-2% battery insignificant drain..

OmarBizreh
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3258

DONATE TO ME
hmmm... I don't recall having such issue with my XP because I change in the widget settings to make it check for info updates every 12 hours.
And I also have network mode GSM only.
Here is my Battery diagram, is yours anywhere close?
Thou I don't know why the first major drop down happened. but usually it doesn't :-/

sau94
Old
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
I had noticed this few days back.. Just set the refresh thing to 12 hrs dosnt cause any problems then

Xperia P - Stock ICS (6.1.1.B1.1.54)
X8 - MiniCM 9

thunderising
Old
Thanks Meter 1877
my xperia sola loses 20% idling in just 4 hours, its crazy. i dont know what to do with this stupid phone

espaciosalter20
Old
Thanks Meter 710

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderising View Post
my xperia sola loses 20% idling in just 4 hours, its crazy. i dont know what to do with this stupid phone
A lot of things!

1. Use gsm instead wcdma
2. Use WiFi wisely, don't leave it connected all day
3. Root your phone and install titanium backup, then freeze some apps
4. Install another launcher, like lightning launcher and freeze Xperia home.
5. Install another governors and io schedulers from Xperia u forum (search for ondemandax)
6. Use the limit background process between 2-3 (settings-dev options-limit background process)
7. Lower your screen brightness manually
8. Install init.d script support for stock Rom and add battery tweaks, you can find them spread over xda or just install pimp my Rom from play store

With that, and a little more, I can get two days of battery with my sola.

Enviado desde mi MT27i usando Tapatalk 2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to espaciosalter20 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RockitOut11
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by espaciosalter20 View Post
A lot of things!

1. Use gsm instead wcdma
2. Use WiFi wisely, don't leave it connected all day
3. Root your phone and install titanium backup, then freeze some apps
4. Install another launcher, like lightning launcher and freeze Xperia home.
5. Install another governors and io schedulers from Xperia u forum (search for ondemandax)
6. Use the limit background process between 2-3 (settings-dev options-limit background process)
7. Lower your screen brightness manually
8. Install init.d script support for stock Rom and add battery tweaks, you can find them spread over xda or just install pimp my Rom from play store

With that, and a little more, I can get two days of battery with my sola.

Enviado desde mi MT27i usando Tapatalk 2
well, my XU is not draining battery drastically at all, even with WiFi turned on, but when I freeze some apps and change the launcher, remove widgets, etc, I got battery for almost 3 days, and with everything stock I have battery +/- 1 and half day
Xperia U | BL Unlock allowed = NO
Saving money to buy a new phone ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ