FORUMS

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

[Q] Xperia P battery not handling 3g connection well

37 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By Djgenes, Member on 27th January 2014, 11:40 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
12th February 2014, 02:33 PM |#31  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMKD

Everything explained here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2620673



Thanks, @DavidMKD. I'm looking forward to do it. Unfortunately I don't know how to procede yet (I'm a noob), but I'll try to figure it out. However, I ended up finding this other thread where this member called @rajaganesan7 tell us how to solve the "BATTERY STAMINA MODE ISSUES" (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2309921). I did it seems that my battery is coming back to normal life. But I'll follow your thread anyway.
 
 
17th February 2014, 02:03 PM |#32  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMKD

Everything explained here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2620673





Sir, I did it but nothing different happened. I'm still facing the problem (massive battery drops when using 3g only; offline or via wifi the battery last through a whole day or more). I don't know what else to do. I've tried everything. i don't think it's a hardware issue (like some said before that it should be probably my battery's fault). It performs normally while not using 3g. I was thinking about removing the battery for a couple of minutes. Do you think it would make any difference?
Thank you.
19th February 2014, 09:18 PM |#33  
Pandemic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag MePpEl
Thanks Meter: 15,146
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djgenes

Sir, I did it but nothing different happened. I'm still facing the problem (massive battery drops when using 3g only; offline or via wifi the battery last through a whole day or more). I don't know what else to do. I've tried everything. i don't think it's a hardware issue (like some said before that it should be probably my battery's fault). It performs normally while not using 3g. I was thinking about removing the battery for a couple of minutes. Do you think it would make any difference?
Thank you.

@Djgenes
Sorry to bother you again but nope then you need to buy a new battery (on ebay or something) your battery is damaged and you need a new one if you have tried everything.
That is just my opinion buddy.

Sent From Cybertron With My Powerfull Xperia P
22nd February 2014, 09:29 PM |#34  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic

@Djgenes
Sorry to bother you again but nope then you need to buy a new battery (on ebay or something) your battery is damaged and you need a new one if you have tried everything.
That is just my opinion buddy.

Sent From Cybertron With My Powerfull Xperia P

No problem, man. =)
I inclined to think this way, but one thing keeps me from jumping to this conclusion (bad battery): why the battery performs normally when the phone is on wifi? No to mention when it's offline, when it lasts like forever. When the battery is damaged, it's damaged for everything, right?
Thanks, @Pandemic.
22nd February 2014, 09:36 PM |#35  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 469
 
More
How is it with 2g?
23rd February 2014, 02:56 PM |#36  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikeD

How is it with 2g?

Same as with 3g. I tried to keep it on gsm only. Didn't work out.
Yesterday I had a drop from 71% to 1!
23rd February 2014, 04:43 PM |#37  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 469
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djgenes

Same as with 3g. I tried to keep it on gsm only. Didn't work out.
Yesterday I had a drop from 71% to 1!

If it happens with every firmware than I think it must be hardware issue.
Bttery stats are not very accurate, there always a difference after boot, but not more than ~10%.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes