Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 47,237 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia P not booting in recovery mode!

Tip us?
 
masood91
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2014
Post [Q] Xperia P not booting in recovery mode!

I have rooted xperia p, but it is not booting in recovery mode...! I have tried all methods, pressing pwer key+volume up key at a time, and pressing power key first, then pressing volme up key repeatedly, but all in vain. Please help me!!! Phone is rooted, i have checked it through Root checker app!!
 
ChikeD
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 465
Posts: 1,603
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by masood91 View Post
I have rooted xperia p, but it is not booting in recovery mode...! I have tried all methods, pressing pwer key+volume up key at a time, and pressing power key first, then pressing volme up key repeatedly, but all in vain. Please help me!!! Phone is rooted, i have checked it through Root checker app!!
Root and recovery are two different things.
To have recovery you need to install one, for locked bootloader I assume.
 
masood91
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikeD View Post
Root and recovery are two different things.
To have recovery you need to install one, for locked bootloader I assume.
I have unlocked boot loader aswell, i just cant boot my device in recovery mode, how to do that? i have used quick boot app as well, but in vain!
 
Xperia_Fans
Old
#4  
Xperia_Fans's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 619
Posts: 1,071
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sabah

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by masood91 View Post
I have rooted xperia p, but it is not booting in recovery mode...! I have tried all methods, pressing pwer key+volume up key at a time, and pressing power key first, then pressing volme up key repeatedly, but all in vain. Please help me!!! Phone is rooted, i have checked it through Root checker app!!
If you're on nemesis kernel, press power button several time, if you're using CWM for locked bootloader, press volume down key for several time until u saw the recovery!
Currently Device: Xperia P Black

Contributed Project


Your small donation could help them a lot
 
ChikeD
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 465
Posts: 1,603
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by masood91 View Post
I have unlocked boot loader aswell, i just cant boot my device in recovery mode, how to do that? i have used quick boot app as well, but in vain!
There is no recovery built-in Sony stock kernel, as I said you will have to install one, either recovery for unlocked bootloader, or flash a custom kernel that has one built-in.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes