Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,211 Members 53,252 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

xperia p no charging lights, no usb detect,does not boot (not even the kernel screen

Tip us?

Devin-J
Old
(Last edited by Devin-J; 6th June 2013 at 01:28 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Prompt xperia p no charging lights, no usb detect,does not boot (not even the kernel screen

hello everybody,
i used to be active on the x10 forum.
but recently i switched to xperia P.
i unlocked the bootloader,
used fastboot to flash custom boot.img,
fastbooted custom kernel (FreeXperia),
installed cm10.zip with the CWM included in kernel,
everything works except wifi and bluetooth (which i guess is the rom's fault, so i dont really mind)
and then i installed apps from the cm10 file manager.
it detects my 16gb internal memory.
but my titanium backup and some other apps says it cannot access my internal memory, so it doesnt show any apps. (usb is disconnected)
so i thought mayybe some apps dont have access, so i thought i should mount my internal memory (although it already works for my cm10 file manager).
that was a very stupid decision because i used this code from this website which i got after i googled and used it on my terminal emulator.
guess what happened? my device got stuck/hang/frozen.
then when i pressed the power button, it was totally blank, no response and the screen went off.
i tried force shutdown by pressing and holding the volume-up & power button at the same time for a long time, that didnt work either, it had no effect, there was not even a vibration.
and when i charge it, there is no charging light.
it doesnt boot, it doesnt show me the kernel screen, or the CWM screen.
this is worse than a bootloop.
anyone who has previous experience with this?? or has a suggestion on how to repair?
any advice will be much appreciated
i always love (present tense) mohawk

WizaJ
Old
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin-J View Post
hello everybody,
everything works except wifi and bluetooth (which i guess is the rom's fault, so i dont really mind)
but my titanium backup and some other apps says it cannot access my internal memory, so it doesnt show any apps. (usb is disconnected)
so i thought mayybe some apps dont have access, so i thought i should mount my internal memory (although it already works for my cm10 file manager).
that was a very stupid decision because i used this code from this website which i got after i googled and used it on my terminal emulator.
then when i pressed the power button, it was totally blank, no response and the screen went off.
i tried force shutdown by pressing and holding the volume-up & power button at the same time for a long time, that didnt work either, it had no effect, there was not even a vibration.
anyone who has previous experience with this?? or has a suggestion on how to repair?

I think you've posted in the wrong forum - should be in Q/A.
Is your phone able to detect in flash mode? (while it is off, hold DOWN volume key and connect USB - check for LED illuminated)
Is your phone able to detect in fastboot mode? (while it is off, hold UP volume key and connect USB - check for LED illuminated PURPLE)
- Sony Xperia P LT22i ~ v4.3.1 CM.10.2 by @percy_g2
- ZTE Blade V-U880 ~ JB 4.2.2 CM 10.1 by KonstaT
- xTouch X716 7" LY-F8AS tablet ~ ICS 4.0.4 Stock / AOSP JB for Allwinner A10 tablets

My work for legacy devices: Alternative Elfpack Functions Lib (external link) | If my post was helpful to you, I appreciate it if you click "Thanks" on the post
The Following User Says Thank You to WizaJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aftergr
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizaJ View Post
I think you've posted in the wrong forum - should be in Q/A.
Is your phone able to detect in flash mode? (while it is off, hold DOWN volume key and connect USB - check for LED illuminated)
Is your phone able to detect in fastboot mode? (while it is off, hold UP volume key and connect USB - check for LED illuminated PURPLE)
looks like you have to shut down your device first IF it is not shuted down
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=798
The Following User Says Thank You to aftergr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zilian28
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
hello everybody,
Hi.

1. Have you tried to charge it through the charger, instead of the usb por of PC?
2. If you tried, did you let it charge for at least 30 minutes? (Sometimes the battery drains so much that the phone needs time even to show it´s charging.)

If the battery charges, you should try flashing a Stock Rom through Flashtools.

If it doesn´t, then I can´t say you should do it but if I were in ur position, I would surely open my phone and try to charge this battery somehow. Google a lot to learn how it works, the wires, what is positive and negative and bla bla bla because your biggest problem NOW is not having power to work with the phone.

Hope you have good luck!

=)
Sorry for my Noobness and thank you for your help!
The Following User Says Thank You to zilian28 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Xperia_Fans
Old
Thanks Meter 625

DONATE TO ME
Sorry please post your thread at Q&A
Current Device: Xperia P Black

Contributed Project

Consider a small donation , it does mean a lot for them
The Following User Says Thank You to Xperia_Fans For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

copper62472
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
hello everybody,
Hi my friend.
i had this problem 6 month later
it happened because battery is 0% i opened its back door and use a special charger that can be use to charging any battery ( has 2 wire to connect to any battery ) after 3 min charge ( to charge i disconnected battery socket and connected wires to socket) i connected battery and close back door and go to flash mode and flashed stock rom.
and Done.
if you have any problem PM me.
sorry for my english.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to copper62472 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Devin-J
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizaJ View Post
the phone doesnt respond to anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftergr View Post
looks like you have to shut down your device first IF it is not shuted down
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=798
i have reason to believe it maybe related to the battery. maybe the battery is still running. how do i physically shut it down? the holding power button and volkume-up button trick doesnt work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilian28 View Post
1. Have you tried to charge it through the charger, instead of the usb por of PC?
2. If you tried, did you let it charge for at least 30 minutes? (Sometimes the battery drains so much that the phone needs time even to show it´s charging.)

If the battery charges, you should try flashing a Stock Rom through Flashtools.

If it doesn´t, then I can´t say you should do it but if I were in ur position, I would surely open my phone and try to charge this battery somehow.

=)
i tried plugging it in for hours, no response. could you tell me what equipment do i need to remove the casing and charge the battery?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xperia_Fans View Post
Sorry please post your thread at Q&A
sorry, i moved it there
Quote:
Originally Posted by copper62472 View Post
Hi my friend.
i had this problem 6 month later
it happened because battery is 0% i opened its back door and use a special charger that can be use to charging any battery ( has 2 wire to connect to any battery ) after 3 min charge ( to charge i disconnected battery socket and connected wires to socket) i connected battery and close back door and go to flash mode and flashed stock rom.
and Done.
thanks, you give me hope. so what equipment did u use? i'll pm u
i always love (present tense) mohawk

Moriarty82
Old
Thanks Meter 649
In my opinion ders something wrong with the partitioning when you entered the command....
Try looking into that direction.

Im no expert just a suggestion...
Phone: Sony Xperia P Black

SetCPU Guide To increase Battery Life

Xperia™ P Global Community

Press if I helped....
The Following User Says Thank You to Moriarty82 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WizaJ
Old
Thanks Meter 29

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
the phone doesnt respond to anything

i have reason to believe it maybe related to the battery. maybe the battery is still running. how do i physically shut it down? the holding power button and volkume-up button trick doesnt work.

i tried plugging it in for hours, no response. could you tell me what equipment do i need to remove the casing and charge the battery?

sorry, i moved it there

thanks, you give me hope. so what equipment did u use? i'll pm u
Use this guide to open the phone up and just disconnect the battery for a few minutes. Then try connecting in either fastboot/flash mode. The phone may need to be repartitioned and reflashed.
- Sony Xperia P LT22i ~ v4.3.1 CM.10.2 by @percy_g2
- ZTE Blade V-U880 ~ JB 4.2.2 CM 10.1 by KonstaT
- xTouch X716 7" LY-F8AS tablet ~ ICS 4.0.4 Stock / AOSP JB for Allwinner A10 tablets

My work for legacy devices: Alternative Elfpack Functions Lib (external link) | If my post was helpful to you, I appreciate it if you click "Thanks" on the post
The Following User Says Thank You to WizaJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

schmeißfliege
Old
(Last edited by schmeißfliege; 8th March 2014 at 10:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Question Same issue

Hi Davin-J

Did you finally solved this problem? I have the same now. And my battery should be good.

1/2 day later:
It was the battery. I managed to get it back to life as copper62472 told us. The strange thing was, that the Sony charger didn't charge the phone battery; may be because I bricked the phone before with system/data/cache wiped and formatted. I was not even able to restore it with SUS, because the phone was not detected at the USB.
Then I charged the battery outside the phone with a current limited power supply. After putting the charged battery back into the phone, restoring with SUS worked without a hitch.

Tags
boot, brick, charging, power, xperiap