Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 44,110 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[XPERIA P] cannot go into CWM

Tip us?

Johny the Ripper
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [XPERIA P] cannot go into CWM

I'm having the strangest problem: I cannot get into CWM recovery mode by booting with the volume down button pressed. I just get a SONY logo, followed by XPERIA, and then the colorful flares of the stock ROM, as if I weren't pressing the volume down button at all.

I have unlocked the bootloader, rooted my phone, and tried three different methods of installing CWM:
1. using cwm 1.0 nypon script
2. using Team XHRR cwm script (which seems to be the same one)
3. installing the Recovery X app

All of these scripts seem to do their job succesfully, but when I shut my phone down, and boot again with volume down pressed, my phone just boots normally.

Can anybody help? I really want to install kitkat!

ChikeD
Old
Thanks Meter 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny the Ripper View Post
I'm having the strangest problem: I cannot get into CWM recovery mode by booting with the volume down button pressed. I just get a SONY logo, followed by XPERIA, and then the colorful flares of the stock ROM, as if I weren't pressing the volume down button at all.

I have unlocked the bootloader, rooted my phone, and tried three different methods of installing CWM:
1. using cwm 1.0 nypon script
2. using Team XHRR cwm script (which seems to be the same one)
3. installing the Recovery X app

All of these scripts seem to do their job succesfully, but when I shut my phone down, and boot again with volume down pressed, my phone just boots normally.

Can anybody help? I really want to install kitkat!
To install kitkat you don't need to install recovery, follow the instructions in the thread

Johny the Ripper
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikeD View Post
To install kitkat you don't need to install recovery, follow the instructions in the thread
Which thread are you referring to? This one uses CWM to wipe the drive and flash the phone...

Anyway, if anyone else would read this thread looking for a way to access CWM, there are ways to access it without using the buttons. You can use the adb command "adb reboot recovery" or install an app to reboot to recovery mode. I found a guide on theandroidsoul .com - I'd post the link, but I'm not allowed to post external links yet...

thx and grtz

ChikeD
Old
Thanks Meter 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny the Ripper View Post
Which thread are you referring to? This one uses CWM to wipe the drive and flash the phone...

Anyway, if anyone else would read this thread looking for a way to access CWM, there are ways to access it without using the buttons. You can use the adb command "adb reboot recovery" or install an app to reboot to recovery mode. I found a guide on theandroidsoul .com - I'd post the link, but I'm not allowed to post external links yet...

thx and grtz
1. Fastboot kernel (f)rom zip, there you have CWM recovery.
And don't forget to copy the zip to your internal memory before you flash the kernel.

reefaz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You can flash a stock kernel with built in cwm. Many kernel is working out on this with cwm.

Sent from my LT15i using xda app-developers app