Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,576 Members 43,762 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] |Xperia P- death via flash

Tip us?

tiestobunio
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 1,460

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] |Xperia P- death via flash

My Xperia P is death , hard brick x2. service sony and other can't repair this.
What wrong ? my friend flash backub (partition) from sony xperia s to xperia p-mine and flash via flash tool. and death.
Jtag and other box can find him.

any solutions ? i know new board can fix it but another helps?

ChikeD
Old
Thanks Meter 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiestobunio View Post
My Xperia P is death , hard brick x2. service sony and other can't repair this.
What wrong ? my friend flash backub (partition) from sony xperia s to xperia p-mine and flash via flash tool. and death.
Jtag and other box can find him.

any solutions ? i know new board can fix it but another helps?
With friends like yours there's no need for haters.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChikeD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tiestobunio
Old
Thanks Meter 1,460

DONATE TO ME
this is not answer ...

Ken-Shi_Kun
Old
Thanks Meter 184
Quote:
this is not answer ...
The phone is messed up like this compleatley. An other phones partitions flashed for the P is like a death sentence. (like flushing AB+ blood into an 0- patient).

If you are lucky enough a compleate restore could help your phone, altough I don't know if that is possible, if the phone can go into fastboot mode you have a chance. You need flashtool and a stock ftf for your phone. And luck, plenty of it.
JTAG can hard rewrite the NAND but if the NAND itself has errors, you don't stand a chance.

Phone: Sony xPeria P BLACK @ CM 11 by percy_g2

Tablet: ASUS TransformerPad TF300T @ CM 11

My android evolution: Samsung Galaxy Spica => SonyEricsson xPeria X8 => hTC One V => Sony xPeria P + ASUS TransformerPad TF300T
  • md5 mismatch, when you try to backup at cwm for your One V? Try this.
  • Adobe Flash for Jelly Bean One V [CM10, AOKP, AOSP, MIUI 4.1.1+]? Here you go.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ken-Shi_Kun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tiestobunio
Old
Thanks Meter 1,460

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken-Shi_Kun View Post
The phone is messed up like this compleatley. An other phones partitions flashed for the P is like a death sentence. (like flushing AB+ blood into an 0- patient).

If you are lucky enough a compleate restore could help your phone, altough I don't know if that is possible, if the phone can go into fastboot mode you have a chance. You need flashtool and a stock ftf for your phone. And luck, plenty of it.
JTAG can hard rewrite the NAND but if the NAND itself has errors, you don't stand a chance.
Fast button not work .
In service in my city has say JTAG dont reconize my phone.. but i dont understand beacose on my phone is xperia s partitions and flashed 100% so just repleace files from xperia s to xperia p. i dont understand this. i should buy jtag then i know whats going on . any way thanks for your great answer

Ken-Shi_Kun
Old
Thanks Meter 184
Quote:
Fast button not work .
In service in my city has say JTAG dont reconize my phone.. but i dont understand beacose on my phone is xperia s partitions and flashed 100% so just repleace files from xperia s to xperia p. i dont understand this. i should buy jtag then i know whats going on . any way thanks for your great answer
Even if the partitions sizes are all ok, it is not certain, that the allocation will be, eveso some partitions held (yes, past now) essential information of the phone itself, like IMEI, MAC adresses etc. To recreate them is somewhere near impossible.
And even bootloader and things like those uses unique resources, based on the phone itself, which files are even needed for flashing the phone via flashtool, because the phone itself is not the same (like the CPU is STEricsson, and S used Qualcomm if I remember correct) so you flashed something to the phone that it couldn't recognize. It is dead. Hope for JTAG but I don't know that XP is supported or not.

Phone: Sony xPeria P BLACK @ CM 11 by percy_g2

Tablet: ASUS TransformerPad TF300T @ CM 11

My android evolution: Samsung Galaxy Spica => SonyEricsson xPeria X8 => hTC One V => Sony xPeria P + ASUS TransformerPad TF300T
  • md5 mismatch, when you try to backup at cwm for your One V? Try this.
  • Adobe Flash for Jelly Bean One V [CM10, AOKP, AOSP, MIUI 4.1.1+]? Here you go.
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe