Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 41,108 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Xperia P][4.4.2][CM 11][CWM] "Installation aborted"

Tip us?

gilgin
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I've solved my status 7 problem with this video ;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW1znjDLe-k
The Following User Says Thank You to gilgin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ChikeD
Old
Thanks Meter 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgin View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW1znjDLe-k
Auful way way to "fix" things.
You can "fix" galaxy ROM to be installed on your phone and brick it permanently, it's already been done.
If you have flashed galaxy kernel you probably won't be able to boot but still able to recover.
Tha asserts are there for a reason.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChikeD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gilgin
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikeD View Post
Auful way way to "fix" things.
You can "fix" galaxy ROM to be installed on your phone and brick it permanently, it's already been done.
If you have flashed galaxy kernel you probably won't be able to boot but still able to recover.
Tha asserts are there for a reason.
I didn't flash a wrong kernel or rom. İf friend is sure of the right pack to flash, than he can use this method.
I wanted to flash cm nightly 25 (percy's rom) to my xperia p, and the cwm gave status 7 error. Then i have searched a solution for my problem, and i found this video and did what he shows in the video, and i have a cm11 flashed xperia p now. And i also flashed over cm11-weekly.

(sorry if i have a bad english)

ChikeD
Old
Thanks Meter 465
Quote:
I didn't flash a wrong kernel or rom. İf friend is sure of the right pack to flash, than he can use this method.
I wanted to flash cm nightly 25 (percy's rom) to my xperia p, and the cwm gave status 7 error. Then i have searched a solution for my problem, and i found this video and did what he shows in the video, and i have a cm11 flashed xperia p now. And i also flashed over cm11-weekly.

(sorry if i have a bad english)
Sp they released a ROM that cannot be flushed, is that what you say? And no one else reporting it?
Somehow I find it difficult to believe.
If you have followed the instructions I'm sure there would be no problem, or the instructions are incomplete, or there is some issue, either way it's up to the developer to fix it.
Avoid "fixing" errors in this manner or one day you may regret it dearly.

gilgin
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikeD View Post
Sp they released a ROM that cannot be flushed, is that what you say? And no one else reporting it?
Somehow I find it difficult to believe.
If you have followed the instructions I'm sure there would be no problem, or the instructions are incomplete, or there is some issue, either way it's up to the developer to fix it.
Avoid "fixing" errors in this manner or one day you may regret it dearly.
I have followed the instructions in a good way and this was the problem i have lived. Some of my friends lived this problem in a Turkish Forum and i recommended this way, they did it and flash the rom. I will give the link here; http://forum.donanimhaber.com/m_5813...m.htm#87204228

My nick is ENG_civ on that forum. Everything is right about the rom but something goes in a wrong way, so this way makes the compiler not asking "is this right rom?", that's all. İn my opinion, if you are sure of the rom, there is no risk.

And i am new in this forum, and i couldn't write at development part, and this is the first time i am writing to a foreign language forum. So i couldn't reported them, and these rom's are not the final, so there could be faults on them i think.

nortonz
Old
(Last edited by nortonz; 12th February 2014 at 06:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
(video)
I solved the problem with the CM11 this way too. But when I tried to install gapps after install cm11 appear the "status 7". What can I do?

Edit: I can flash the normal cm11 (without edit the .txt) but the problem with the gapps continues. I turned on my phone and then the cyanogenmod logo start running and don't leave this screen. Anyone can help me?

Error:
set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error in /storage/sdcard0/gapps-kk-20140105.signed.zip (status 7)
Installation aborted.

AndroidNoob69
Old
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonz View Post
I solved the problem with the CM11 this way too. But when I tried to install gapps after install cm11 appear the "status 7". What can I do?

Edit: I can flash the normal cm11 (without edit the .txt) but the problem with the gapps continues. I turned on my phone and then the cyanogenmod logo start running and don't leave this screen. Anyone can help me?

Error:
set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error in /storage/sdcard0/gapps-kk-20140105.signed.zip (status 7)
Installation aborted.
For gapps its normal. Its actually flashed

Sent from my Xperia P using Tapatalk

My Work

Remember the BUTTON!
Phones:
Xperia P(White): Paranoid Android 4.43 Stable by percy_g2
Xperia Neo V(Blue): Carbon Rom by vishal_android_freak

nortonz
Old
(Last edited by nortonz; 12th February 2014 at 02:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidNoob69 View Post
For gapps its normal. Its actually flashed

How "normal" ?

PS: now my celphone has cyanogenmod 11 ! I'm so glad and grateful for this post!

AndroidNoob69
Old
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonz View Post
How "normal" ?
'normal' as in everyone has it. The zip is actually flashed.

My Work

Remember the BUTTON!
Phones:
Xperia P(White): Paranoid Android 4.43 Stable by percy_g2
Xperia Neo V(Blue): Carbon Rom by vishal_android_freak

yomayne
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up It worked!

Thanks so much ! I'm finally running 4.4.2