Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 52,412 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Xperia P] Notification Light not working.

Tip us?

vtec_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Xperia P] Notification Light not working.

Hey guys, I unlocked my bootloader and have stock 6.2.A.1.100 flashed using flashtool. Notification LED works for charging and low battery but not for any notifications. I've also tried rooting the phone + installing light flow/light manager but still can't get it to work. However it does work for me with Honami/custom roms/CM 11 but I would prefer to use stock due to system ui FC!

Cheers

ChikeD
Old
Thanks Meter 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec_ View Post
Hey guys, I unlocked my bootloader and have stock 6.2.A.1.100 flashed using flashtool. Notification LED works for charging and low battery but not for any notifications. I've also tried rooting the phone + installing light flow/light manager but still can't get it to work. However it does work for me with Honami/custom roms/CM 11 but I would prefer to use stock due to system ui FC!

Cheers
Thats weird, Watsapp I think let you choose the color of the notification led, do you use watsapp and it does not work?

vtec_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Nope, no app notifications work with the light.

vtec_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Fixed... My issue was that I was flashing stock rom and then nemesis kernel without letting the phone boot into stock rom.

ChikeD
Old
Thanks Meter 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec_ View Post
Fixed... My issue was that I was flashing stock rom and then nemesis kernel without letting the phone boot into stock rom.
Don't say stock when you are using custom kernel

vtec_
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Issue has emerged again with both 100% stock 6.2.A.1.100 and also the same build with nemesis kernel. Initially notifications work but after about 20 minutes from flash, notifications blink once and then no longer flash. In this time period, I don't install any apps etc so not sure what the issue is. Anyone have a similar experience?