Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,462 Members 43,801 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia P replace vibrator?

Tip us?

tttony
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Exclamation [Q] Xperia P replace vibrator?

Hey community!!

It seems that the vibrator of my Xperia P does not works, sometimes when I type in the keyboard(I have always this feature disabled, I just enabled it to test) I can feel that the vibrator works but then stops working

I've tested if the vibrator is not working by typing this "secret" code: *#*#7378423#*#* -> Service tests -> Vibrator

Right now I tested again with 3000ms then pressed menu button and the vibrator worked fine, even I pressed several times the menu button and the vibrator worked fine for ~10 seconds, but if I change the time for example to 10000ms the vibrator does not works, I tested again with 3000ms, 300ms, 100ms and nothing happens

I recently made a factory reset and keeps same problem(with the vibrator), I did the factory reset but it was for a problem with the ringtone call, when I receive a call the vibrator and the ringtone did not work, people that called me, said that they called me and I was like O_o, but the phone never vibrate or I never heard the ringtone, obviously the vibrator has problems and the ringtone don't know why did not work, I just reseted the phone

I downloaded the service manual of the Xperia P and it seems "easy" but is not...

Has someone replaced the vibrator? I said that is not easy because there are things in the phone, like "stickers"(like one that is inside of the bottom cover, in the manual service teach you how to print a new one o_O) that has to be replaced by a new ones

What others things can i do?

My phone is rooted with the Stock ROM 4.1.2

Thanks
Stock Xperia P

MuffinIsCute
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by tttony View Post
Hey community!!

It seems that the vibrator of my Xperia P does not works, sometimes when I type in the keyboard(I have always this feature disabled, I just enabled it to test) I can feel that the vibrator works but then stops working

I've tested if the vibrator is not working by typing this "secret" code: *#*#7378423#*#* -> Service tests -> Vibrator

Right now I tested again with 3000ms then pressed menu button and the vibrator worked fine, even I pressed several times the menu button and the vibrator worked fine for ~10 seconds, but if I change the time for example to 10000ms the vibrator does not works, I tested again with 3000ms, 300ms, 100ms and nothing happens

I recently made a factory reset and keeps same problem(with the vibrator), I did the factory reset but it was for a problem with the ringtone call, when I receive a call the vibrator and the ringtone did not work, people that called me, said that they called me and I was like O_o, but the phone never vibrate or I never heard the ringtone, obviously the vibrator has problems and the ringtone don't know why did not work, I just reseted the phone

I downloaded the service manual of the Xperia P and it seems "easy" but is not...

Has someone replaced the vibrator? I said that is not easy because there are things in the phone, like "stickers"(like one that is inside of the bottom cover, in the manual service teach you how to print a new one o_O) that has to be replaced by a new ones

What others things can i do?

My phone is rooted with the Stock ROM 4.1.2

Thanks
Not much. Bring it to the service center.
The Following User Says Thank You to MuffinIsCute For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hamza Murad
Old
Thanks Meter 81
@tttony
There is a 10% chance that the problem is software related. Flash stock .100 rom and then check.
it is strange that the vibrator works for a short time then not at all. Try and report.

PS: Factory reset should make no difference as it only wipes the /data partition and does nothing to the /system partition.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hamza Murad For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tttony
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
MuffinIsCute is not easy in my country

Hamza Murad I also thought that, I will flash .100

Thanks!!
Stock Xperia P
Tags
lt22i, service, vibrator, xperia p