Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,969 Members 37,638 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

XPERIA P

Tip us?

lorenzo.pozza
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation XPERIA P

Hello, i'm not any kind of expert, but i've tried to install a new kernel [http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?t=1894463] into my xperia P, with recovery, and now it just wont star! is it bricked? whenever i try to boot it, it just vibrates, and nothing else. am I that dumb to **** up my phone?

dibblebill
Old
Thanks Meter 653
Wrong forum. Ask in Questions and Answers or the XPeria Play forum.
Lord of the Snarkô
ROM's:
Tempest [OmniROM] 4.4 (Manta) (m7att)

dushyanth o korner
Old
(Last edited by dushyanth o korner; 20th March 2013 at 07:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzo.pozza View Post
Hello, i'm not any kind of expert, but i've tried to install a new kernel [http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?t=1894463] into my xperia P, with recovery, and now it just wont star! is it bricked? whenever i try to boot it, it just vibrates, and nothing else. am I that dumb to **** up my phone?
Hi, If your phone is hard bricked you can update the firmware through the flash tool.first you download the latest the firmware and put your phone into fastboot mode( press up+power) and connect the usb to the phone from your pc.and you can see the blue colour led blinks. then press the flash iconin the flash tool and select fastboot mode and flash the firmware.

NR32
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dushyanth o korner View Post
Hi, If your phone is hard bricked you can update the firmware through the flash tool.first you download the latest the firmware and put your phone into fastboot mode( press up+power) and connect the usb to the phone from your pc.and you can see the blue colour led blinks. then press the flash iconin the flash tool and select fastboot mode and flash the firmware.
Hi just want to say thanks for the Volume Up + Power, 'coz mine just freeze during the CWM Recovery when I pressed the "Choose Backup Format". By the way, what's the difference of "Backup" and "Choose Backup Format"?