FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] [XPERIA P] black screen after flashing .img = bricked?

OP Johny the Ripper

30th March 2014, 07:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
I have followed the ibtimes guide to upgrade my XPERIA P to Kitkat, but something went wrong...

I have followed the official SONY guide to unlock the boot loader.

The only thing I can think of is that, after flashing, you should disconnect the usb cable and turn it on while pressing the volume down key. I misread that line, and mistakenly understood it as "disconnect your phone while holding the volume down key". After that, I connected the usb cable again, and turned on the phone. The backlight of the screen turned on, but the screen stayed black. The status light did not light up. The phone doesn't respond to any commands, I cannot even power it off! As you cannot remove the battery from an XPERIA P, it currently still sits like that. Fastboot doesn't recognise it anymore as a connected device - which makes sense I guess as the blue light is not on.

I copied this from the cmd window, it shows the steps I did with fastboot.

Have I bricked my phone?!

Code:
Microsoft Windows [versie 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Alle 

rechten voorbehouden.

C:\Users\onderbeke>cd Downloads\adt-bundle-

windows-x86-20140321\sdk\platform-too
ls

C:\Users\onderbeke\Downloads\adt-bundle-

windows-x86-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>
fastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
< waiting for device >
sending 'boot' (8922 KB)...
FAILED (remote: The Device must be rooted first)
finished. total time: 0.002s

C:\Users\onderbeke\Downloads\adt-bundle-

windows-x86-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>
fastboot devices

C:\Users\onderbeke\Downloads\adt-bundle-

windows-x86-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>
fastboot devices
YT9104D3K9&ZLP  fastboot

C:\Users\onderbeke\Downloads\adt-bundle-

windows-x86-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>
fastboot devices
YT9104D3K9&ZLP  fastboot

C:\Users\onderbeke\Downloads\adt-bundle-

windows-x86-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>
fastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
sending 'boot' (8922 KB)...
FAILED (remote: The Device must be rooted first)
finished. total time: 0.002s

C:\Users\onderbeke\Downloads\adt-bundle-

windows-x86-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>
fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version
version: 0.5
finished. total time: -0.000s

C:\Users\onderbeke\Downloads\adt-bundle-

windows-x86-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>
fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 

0xDE25977DBED749BB
...
(bootloader) Unlock phone requested
OKAY [  0.550s]
finished. total time: 0.550s

C:\Users\onderbeke\Downloads\adt-bundle-

windows-x86-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>
fastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
sending 'boot' (8922 KB)...
(bootloader) USB download speed was 21150kB/s
OKAY [  0.447s]
writing 'boot'...
(bootloader) Flash of partition 'boot' requested
(bootloader) S1 partID 0x00000003, block 

0x0000d000-0x00014fff
(bootloader) Erase operation complete, 0 bad 

blocks encountered
(bootloader) Flashing...
(bootloader) Flash operation complete
OKAY [  0.501s]
finished. total time: 0.948s

C:\Users\onderbeke\Downloads\adt-bundle-

windows-x86-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>
fastboot devices

C:\Users\onderbeke\Downloads\adt-bundle-

windows-x86-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>
30th March 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
60 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny the Ripper

I have followed the ibtimes guide to upgrade my XPERIA P to Kitkat, but something went wrong...

I have followed the official SONY guide to unlock the boot loader.

The only thing I can think of is that, after flashing, you should disconnect the usb cable and turn it on while pressing the volume down key. I misread that line, and mistakenly understood it as "disconnect your phone while holding the volume down key". After that, I connected the usb cable again, and turned on the phone. The backlight of the screen turned on, but the screen stayed black. The status light did not light up. The phone doesn't respond to any commands, I cannot even power it off! As you cannot remove the battery from an XPERIA P, it currently still sits like that. Fastboot doesn't recognise it anymore as a connected device - which makes sense I guess as the blue light is not on.

I copied this from the cmd window, it shows the steps I did with fastboot.

Have I bricked my phone?!

Code:
Microsoft Windows [versie 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Alle 

rechten voorbehouden.

C:\Users\onderbeke>cd Downloads\adt-bundle-

windows-x86-20140321\sdk\platform-too
ls

C:\Users\onderbeke\Downloads\adt-bundle-

windows-x86-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>
fastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
< waiting for device >
sending 'boot' (8922 KB)...
FAILED (remote: The Device must be rooted first)
finished. total time: 0.002s

C:\Users\onderbeke\Downloads\adt-bundle-

windows-x86-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>
fastboot devices

C:\Users\onderbeke\Downloads\adt-bundle-

windows-x86-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>
fastboot devices
YT9104D3K9&ZLP  fastboot

C:\Users\onderbeke\Downloads\adt-bundle-

windows-x86-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>
fastboot devices
YT9104D3K9&ZLP  fastboot

C:\Users\onderbeke\Downloads\adt-bundle-

windows-x86-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>
fastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
sending 'boot' (8922 KB)...
FAILED (remote: The Device must be rooted first)
finished. total time: 0.002s

C:\Users\onderbeke\Downloads\adt-bundle-

windows-x86-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>
fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version
version: 0.5
finished. total time: -0.000s

C:\Users\onderbeke\Downloads\adt-bundle-

windows-x86-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>
fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 

0xDE25977DBED749BB
...
(bootloader) Unlock phone requested
OKAY [  0.550s]
finished. total time: 0.550s

C:\Users\onderbeke\Downloads\adt-bundle-

windows-x86-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>
fastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
sending 'boot' (8922 KB)...
(bootloader) USB download speed was 21150kB/s
OKAY [  0.447s]
writing 'boot'...
(bootloader) Flash of partition 'boot' requested
(bootloader) S1 partID 0x00000003, block 

0x0000d000-0x00014fff
(bootloader) Erase operation complete, 0 bad 

blocks encountered
(bootloader) Flashing...
(bootloader) Flash operation complete
OKAY [  0.501s]
finished. total time: 0.948s

C:\Users\onderbeke\Downloads\adt-bundle-

windows-x86-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>
fastboot devices

C:\Users\onderbeke\Downloads\adt-bundle-

windows-x86-20140321\sdk\platform-tools>

just search the forms before u post again
see this
The Following User Says Thank You to Ramy.a For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramy.a

just search the forms before u post again
see this

Ramy.a, you are a God! Thank you so much, my phone is working again! I saw the topic, but I thought that my phone was worse off since it was not responding to anything. I tried the PC Companion tool which told me I could shut off the phone by holding power + volume up until the phone vibrated three times. After I could restore the original Jelly Bean through Flash Tool (Emma).

Now I'm going to try CM kitkat
31st March 2014, 03:20 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
60 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny the Ripper

Ramy.a, you are a God! Thank you so much, my phone is working again! I saw the topic, but I thought that my phone was worse off since it was not responding to anything. I tried the PC Companion tool which told me I could shut off the phone by holding power + volume up until the phone vibrated three times. After I could restore the original Jelly Bean through Flash Tool (Emma).

Now I'm going to try CM kitkat

Im glad that i could help
gd luck with cm
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes