OP ViciousCC

18th June 2012, 10:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Coacalco
Thanks Meter: 0

42 posts
More
Hello All

I was reading about how to root my Xperia S, I saw I need to unlock my bootloader, however my operator put a lock on my phone and I think I can't unlock it with the official way, is there another way to have root on my phone with android 2.3.7

Thanks!

Sent from my LT15i using XDA
18th June 2012, 10:44 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 13

172 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousCC

Hello All

I was reading about how to root my Xperia S, I saw I need to unlock my bootloader, however my operator put a lock on my phone and I think I can't unlock it with the official way, is there another way to have root on my phone with android 2.3.7

Thanks!

no, wait for ICS release then a way to do it will appear
19th June 2012, 06:26 AM   |  #3  
Flag Tepic
Thanks Meter: 78

233 posts
More
Quote:

Hello All

Thanks!

There is no way yet to unlock the bootloader, I am in Mexico and my phone is locked too, I have a way to debrand your phone to recieve updates or upgrades instead of waiting for telcel, if you want it send me a private message and will show you how
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juliospinoza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2012, 07:32 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 135

716 posts
You can't yet
19th June 2012, 08:34 AM   |  #5  
Flag Distrito Federal
Thanks Meter: 94

247 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi Im From Mexico too and attached to telcel, right now the only thing you cand o its upgrade your software with a generic FTF file, i recommend you the one from UK Generic... its .75 and works fine!, it will unbrand your xperia too

Im looking right now if there is a way to obtain a unlock code from telcel, because right now its in "amigo" and dont have contrat with them.... but i dont get an answer yet
19th June 2012, 04:47 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Coacalco

42 posts
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliospinoza

There is no way yet to unlock the bootloader, I am in Mexico and my phone is locked too, I have a way to debrand your phone to recieve updates or upgrades instead of waiting for telcel, if you want it send me a private message and will show you how

Thanks, i know how to use flash tools and how to debrand my phone, also already did it but i only want to know if exist a way to unlock bootloader on a telcel xperia S
19th June 2012, 04:51 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Coacalco

42 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacker60

Hi Im From Mexico too and attached to telcel, right now the only thing you cand o its upgrade your software with a generic FTF file, i recommend you the one from UK Generic... its .75 and works fine!, it will unbrand your xperia too

Im looking right now if there is a way to obtain a unlock code from telcel, because right now its in "amigo" and dont have contrat with them.... but i dont get an answer yet

I don't think telcel give you a some kind of code for unlock your bootlader, i went to a sony store and they can do anything too.... that suck but well if you find something new please let me now
20th June 2012, 05:51 AM   |  #8  
Flag Tepic
Thanks Meter: 78

233 posts
More
Quote:

I don't think telcel give you a some kind of code for unlock your bootlader, i went to a sony store and they can do anything too.... that suck but well if you find something new please let me now

same here, I bought my Xperia S directly to Sony Mexico, and it is locked too, I talked with Sony like 5 times, each one with different person and all said the same, that it is locked because in Mexico, there are not unlocked devices, no matter who sold it. They said that I have to talk with telcel so maybe they can give me the unlock code, will let you know if I will success
22nd June 2012, 02:44 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 7

11 posts
Hi, I was thinking in getting an Xperia S but if the bootloader is locked I won't get it.

Just to clarify, you both have done this (from: http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/instructions)
Quote:

1. First, you should confirm that it is possible to unlock the boot loader of your phone by checking the service menu. In your phone, open the dialler and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.
2. In your phone, tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.

and you got the "Bootloader unlock allowed: No"?
22nd June 2012, 04:15 PM   |  #10  
OP Member
Flag Coacalco

42 posts
More
Yep it says "no" if you are going to Buy one it is better if you buy it on web pages, you can find it unlocked by factory

Enviado desde mi LT15i usando Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread