[Q] Xperia S' screen problems

Search This thread

PhoenixKopf

Mar 20, 2012
Cologne
It is Perfect and working good for Me but i have problems with Pure ICS Kernel causes bootloop but with FXP Kernel it working good and fast for me.

LokiDemi

Aug 21, 2012
Dial *#*#7378423#*#* go to service info > software info, if your touch firmware is 6 you don't have to worry. All AC versions including yours doesn't or will not have yellow spots ir tints.

nokia 3310 > sony ericsson t250i > nokia 5530 > htc wildfire > sony ericsson xperia play > sony xperia s

Thanks for the info! It really helped a lot!

Reactions: odinXperia

md2yas

Mar 26, 2012
chennai
My touch firmware is 7,,,,yellow tint in bottom of the screen and display is not pure white....help me what should I do?

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

petrutms

Nov 1, 2008
Rm. Valcea
I got XS 4 hours ago with Touch firmware 6, ABAE and 12w16. I hope to be ok... I plug it in to recharge for 3 hours, then I will update to ICS, root, etc. Glad to see you on this dedicated forum for Xperia S and sorry for my english! I"m back after 6 days: a pixel stuck on the top of status bar... I hope not to make trouble in the future!!!

Last edited:

HellRoot

Feb 12, 2012
My touch firmware is 7,,,,yellow tint in bottom of the screen and display is not pure white....help me what should I do?

It is not an oled or amoled screen so it is normal for this screen. Deal with it.... It works great outside in the sun though. :)

Wave87

Jul 10, 2011
I got my Xperia S two days ago. I'm just a bit worried with its color. Its white is not that white, kind of yellowish cream and there's a yellowish gradient at the bottom. My touch firmware version is 6 and ACAM.

I had HTC phones previously, and my XS's screen is not that white compared to my previous phones. Is this normal with XS phones?

Wave87

Jul 10, 2011
Are you sure? Because when I set the brightness 50% or below, the yellowish gradient below becomes more obvious. Look at the photo I attached.

img6250copy.jpg

kenaeny

Oct 20, 2012
my screen just died today after the alarm went off, the phone is working i can touch it but theres no image on the screen no backlight......

a big dissappointment

acsakvith

Jan 17, 2011
Colombo
I Have a Xperia Ion lt28h

I think i have the yellow tint issue. But not like XS, no gradient i guess. but my friends Ion is super white.
Used Screen Adjuster blue +10 make the yellow tint go upto 80% :) its ok

Attachments

• IMG00033.jpg
    IMG00033.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 139

djomla43

Dec 9, 2009
Belgrade
Hello guys,I got one quick question. Tomorrow I'm gonna buy Xperia S,used one,and I'm wondering what are those ACAE etc codes? How to find them and how to check if the unit that I'm buying isn't with defected screen. Thanx. Any advice on what else I should check for are welcome :) This is gonna be my first Sony and also my first used phone that I'm buying. :D

kaytar

Nov 9, 2010
my screen just died today after the alarm went off, the phone is working i can touch it but theres no image on the screen no backlight......

a big dissappointment

Hello there! Did you solved the problem? My screen goes black, no light. Touch, charging, calls, ringer, camera, usb connections are OK, but no display baklight.

vijayang

Jun 18, 2013
THANKS

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

I bought one Sony Xperia S just one year back,
The screen suddenly went blank.
The green light at the top left is keep on blinking.

Can any one suggest what to do?
Thanks

Klemenzas

Mar 30, 2013
Xperia S screen issue

This morning, when I looked at my phone I noticed this green thing in the middle of my screen. I'm not sure what is this and what could have caused it. It seems like it is getting smaller over time, but very slowly. I think I left my phone on my wallet charging over night.

Attachments

• DSCN2481asd.jpg
    DSCN2481asd.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone,

I'm writing this info to help as asked by "alsaqr", very nice guy. :)

I bought the Rogers's version. I do not have the yellow tint problem. Here's the following information on the device.

The number is 6 for Touch Firmware
    The letters above the 12W14 are ABAE

I hope this helps. :)
    Good Job SONY!

Batch ACAC 12W22, Anyone else got this ? Hows your screen ?

All AC doesn't have yellow tint/screen issue. I can confirm it because I have ACAG, my phone is 3 weeks old and I'm playing HD games like MC3, N.O.V.A. 3, Sahdowgun etc.. to the point that my phone reaches (I think the hottest temperature) but no yellow tint/spots/screen issues. :good: thumbs up for SONY!
    Thanks , I have touch firmware number 6 , so i dont have to worry as you say. thanks again.

No problem glad to help you! You can hit thanks :)

nokia 3310 > sony ericsson t250i > nokia 5530 > htc wildfire > sony ericsson xperia play > sony xperia s
    And what about ACAE 12W23 , in black ?

Dial *#*#7378423#*#* go to service info > software info, if your touch firmware is 6 you don't have to worry. All AC versions including yours doesn't or will not have yellow spots ir tints.

Just wanted to let people in the US know that Global Mobiles have phones in stock through Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HHOEKG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Those should be the new batch.