Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,020 Members 54,825 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia S' screen problems

Tip us?

dibdin
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonset View Post
I've contacted Sony and they said the UK service centre is in Kent, and we cannot just go into a Sony Style store to ask for help.

We have to send the phone to them by post... And it takes 5~7 days repairing (from the day they receive the phone)

I think I will stay with the yellow tint screen unless it gets worse
Do you know where in Kent?
Proud owner of the htc One in black.

moonset
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108 View Post
service center and style shop is two different department, one is a showroom, the other is the repair center.

And about returning the phone to any service center, well it doesn't work that way, most countries dont accept import unit, you can only return your phone if your phone is officially registered to that particular country, some one may need to ask sony how to deal with this situation.
although if your unit is a european version, you should be able to return the phone in any countries within the european union.

correct me if i'm wrong

kms
I know the shop is different, but I suppose they are still under Sony? so maybe they should send the faulty product to their repair centre in their own way. Sending a phone by post seems a bit risky. And you sort of need to explain VERY WELL of your situation, otherwise they might just think they have got a random phone from someone.

And I live in UK, bought my phone in UK, it's a UK version. So the second problem isn't a problem.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibdin View Post
Do you know where in Kent?
No, I used the online chat on SonyMobile website. Then the agent sent me a link (specific for me I think) which is a form to fill in. then an email should be sent to you after you submit the form which includes the address to be sent to.

Not sure if you can just walk in the repair centre for repair even if you know the address.

RiotRick
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Keep us posted how you get on and o will do the same.
Somebody on a dutch forum (tweaker.net) already phoned ThePhoneHouse in another city. They already knew about the problem and said it was no problem to exchange the phone. Bring it in in with the box + all accessoires and they will swap it for a new one. And they have plenty in stock.

They couldn't tell if the current stock doesn't have this problem. But if you get another phone with the same problem, you can exchange it again, no problem.

dibdin
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRick View Post
Somebody on a dutch forum (tweaker.net) already phoned ThePhoneHouse in another city. They already knew about the problem and said it was no problem to exchange the phone. Bring it in in with the box + all accessoires and they will swap it for a new one. And they have plenty in stock.

They couldn't tell if the current stock doesn't have this problem. But if you get another phone with the same problem, you can exchange it again, no problem.
I have had 3 and all have had the same issue to some extent.

RiotRick
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
I have had 3 and all have had the same issue to some extent.
The one I have now has it very bad. My colleague also has an xperia s, the one he has is perfectly fine. We cannot see any yellow tinting on it.

eRixx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRick View Post

Lol. That would be me

I have the phone in my hands right now. Nothing wrong with it so far, but it took about a week for the yellowing to show up the last time. Fingers crossed.

Something i did notice was the build quality. It seems a bit better with this one. No squeaky back-cover and the power button is much more rigid.

robinhood_ind04
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hey guys check out this post

its the temporary solution for yellow tint i think.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1568456

dibdin
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhood_ind04 View Post
Hey guys check out this post

its the temporary solution for yellow tint i think.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1568456
It didn't work for me.

moonset
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Is anyone going to send his phone for repairing?

dibdin
Old
Thanks Meter 48
I hope too once I get an email back from Sony telling nee what I need to do. Are you going to be sending yours off?

Tags
dead pixel, pixel, screen, yellowspot