[Q] Xperia S' screen problems

OP Razje

30th March 2012, 01:27 PM   |  #171  
Flag Kent
Thanks Meter: 48

401 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonset

I've contacted Sony and they said the UK service centre is in Kent, and we cannot just go into a Sony Style store to ask for help.

We have to send the phone to them by post... And it takes 5~7 days repairing (from the day they receive the phone)

I think I will stay with the yellow tint screen unless it gets worse

Do you know where in Kent?
30th March 2012, 01:38 PM   |  #172  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 7

110 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108

service center and style shop is two different department, one is a showroom, the other is the repair center.

And about returning the phone to any service center, well it doesn't work that way, most countries dont accept import unit, you can only return your phone if your phone is officially registered to that particular country, some one may need to ask sony how to deal with this situation.
although if your unit is a european version, you should be able to return the phone in any countries within the european union.

correct me if i'm wrong

kms

I know the shop is different, but I suppose they are still under Sony? so maybe they should send the faulty product to their repair centre in their own way. Sending a phone by post seems a bit risky. And you sort of need to explain VERY WELL of your situation, otherwise they might just think they have got a random phone from someone.

And I live in UK, bought my phone in UK, it's a UK version. So the second problem isn't a problem.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibdin

Do you know where in Kent?

No, I used the online chat on SonyMobile website. Then the agent sent me a link (specific for me I think) which is a form to fill in. then an email should be sent to you after you submit the form which includes the address to be sent to.

Not sure if you can just walk in the repair centre for repair even if you know the address.
30th March 2012, 02:12 PM   |  #173  
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 34

167 posts
More
Quote:

Keep us posted how you get on and o will do the same.

Somebody on a dutch forum (tweaker.net) already phoned ThePhoneHouse in another city. They already knew about the problem and said it was no problem to exchange the phone. Bring it in in with the box + all accessoires and they will swap it for a new one. And they have plenty in stock.

They couldn't tell if the current stock doesn't have this problem. But if you get another phone with the same problem, you can exchange it again, no problem.
30th March 2012, 02:16 PM   |  #174  
Flag Kent

401 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRick

Somebody on a dutch forum (tweaker.net) already phoned ThePhoneHouse in another city. They already knew about the problem and said it was no problem to exchange the phone. Bring it in in with the box + all accessoires and they will swap it for a new one. And they have plenty in stock.

They couldn't tell if the current stock doesn't have this problem. But if you get another phone with the same problem, you can exchange it again, no problem.

I have had 3 and all have had the same issue to some extent.
30th March 2012, 02:39 PM   |  #175  
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 34

167 posts
More
Quote:

I have had 3 and all have had the same issue to some extent.

The one I have now has it very bad. My colleague also has an xperia s, the one he has is perfectly fine. We cannot see any yellow tinting on it.
30th March 2012, 04:10 PM   |  #176  
Flag Haarlem
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRick

Lol. That would be me

I have the phone in my hands right now. Nothing wrong with it so far, but it took about a week for the yellowing to show up the last time. Fingers crossed.

Something i did notice was the build quality. It seems a bit better with this one. No squeaky back-cover and the power button is much more rigid.
31st March 2012, 10:07 AM   |  #177  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Smile
Hey guys check out this post

its the temporary solution for yellow tint i think.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1568456
31st March 2012, 10:13 AM   |  #178  
Flag Kent

401 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhood_ind04

Hey guys check out this post

its the temporary solution for yellow tint i think.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1568456

It didn't work for me.
1st April 2012, 11:16 AM   |  #179  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 7

110 posts
Is anyone going to send his phone for repairing?

1st April 2012, 11:26 AM   |  #180  
Flag Kent

401 posts
I hope too once I get an email back from Sony telling nee what I need to do. Are you going to be sending yours off?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dead pixel, pixel, screen, yellowspot
Previous Thread Next Thread