Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 53,165 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia S' screen problems

Tip us?

Nimche
Old
Thanks Meter 299

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachao View Post
we are not the only ones that Sony is refusing the service to.
I know. Before my intention was to raise some awareness since I know Sony is reading these posts and in fact there are lots of Sony employees among us and we could probably figure something out with Sony. But people with tint issue which can not return their phones for service don't like to make that much noise.

So only two of us here.
Sent from my White Sony Xperia Z1 (C6906) while typing right to left
--------------------------------------------------
Android 4.3

(a)Flash Junky

dachao
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimche View Post
I know. Before my intention was to raise some awareness since I know Sony is reading these posts and in fact there are lots of Sony employees among us and we could probably figure something out with Sony. But people with tint issue which can not return their phones for service don't like to make that much noise.

So only two of us here.
two of us here but hundreds of people here.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/community...amily/xperia_s

Nimche
Old
Thanks Meter 299

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
two of us here but hundreds of people here.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/community...amily/xperia_s
I know, you may even seen some of my post there. Sony rep came basically said that this is it and our fault. Then Mod there said almost the same thing.

I don't think there is anything that we can do?
Android 4.3

(a)Flash Junky

dachao
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
I know, you may even seen some of my post there. Sony rep came basically said that this is it and our fault. Then Mod there said almost the same thing.

I don't think there is anything that we can do?
I agree that there is not much we can do. Since this phone was part of the joint venture with Ericsson I think that Sony is not really concerned about it.

I just got a Sony laptop the other day and it comes with a Global warranty. I did not check the warranty on my Tablet S but it is a US model so I am not worried about it.

Hopefully things will be better in the future as Sony fully takes over the mobile business. I think that the warranty policy might change to a global one.

Nimche
Old
Thanks Meter 299

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I agree that there is not much we can do. Since this phone was part of the joint venture with Ericsson I think that Sony is not really concerned about it.

I just got a Sony laptop the other day and it comes with a Global warranty. I did not check the warranty on my Tablet S but it is a US model so I am not worried about it.

Hopefully things will be better in the future as Sony fully takes over the mobile business. I think that the warranty policy might change to a global one.
I wondered about the same thing since in past I never had issue with warranty issue so I asked the Sony rep in store and he exactly told me the same thing but I guess phones because the very same reason you mentioned are an exception for the time being.

How do you like that Tablet S? I may wait for the second generation.
Android 4.3

(a)Flash Junky

dachao
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
I wondered about the same thing since in past I never had issue with warranty issue so I asked the Sony rep in store and he exactly told me the same thing but I guess phones because the very same reason you mentioned are an exception for the time being.

How do you like that Tablet S? I may wait for the second generation.
It actually runs smother than the XS even with a weaker CPU/GPU. The screen is very nice as well. No complaints at all.
I would wait for the next gen. It should be out soon with a Tegra 3 processor.

http://www.xperiablog.net/2012/03/19...r-to-tablet-s/

Nimche
Old
Thanks Meter 299

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
It actually runs smother than the XS even with a weaker CPU/GPU. The screen is very nice as well. No complaints at all.
I would wait for the next gen. It should be out soon with a Tegra 3 processor.

http://www.xperiablog.net/2012/03/19...r-to-tablet-s/
I hope it is as stylish as Tablet S. I really liked the Tablet S but didn't have any usage for it back then,
Android 4.3

(a)Flash Junky

Eyados
Old
Thanks Meter 4
it become more worst, all edges have yellow tint now

noface1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My phone has yellow tint too after 18 days. I knew this issue before buying it but I belive in Sony's warranty policy . Now I disappointed with it

nickporwal
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Guys i had HTC one X and that too had too many screen problems(flickering). I got the screen problems with the two replacements and then i switched to Xperia S.
But here also i am reading that people are having the screen problem. My phone batch is 12w12.............Just to check i checked the screen at 38C and 40C yesterday and found no yellow tint as of now........does this mean that my screen is fine or should i wait more and check?
Also i noticed that my handset come with screen guard already applied on the screen. I can see a very thin layer applied on the screen. Is this really a screen guard or one more layer of scratch proof glass sheet.

Tags
dead pixel, pixel, screen, yellowspot