FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

[Q] Xperia S' screen problems

123 posts
Thanks Meter: 10
 
By Razje, Senior Member on 12th March 2012, 08:58 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
22nd April 2012, 04:06 AM |#421  
Nimche's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 299
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachao

we are not the only ones that Sony is refusing the service to.

I know. Before my intention was to raise some awareness since I know Sony is reading these posts and in fact there are lots of Sony employees among us and we could probably figure something out with Sony. But people with tint issue which can not return their phones for service don't like to make that much noise.

So only two of us here.
 
 
22nd April 2012, 04:12 AM |#422  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimche

I know. Before my intention was to raise some awareness since I know Sony is reading these posts and in fact there are lots of Sony employees among us and we could probably figure something out with Sony. But people with tint issue which can not return their phones for service don't like to make that much noise.

So only two of us here.

two of us here but hundreds of people here.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/community...amily/xperia_s
22nd April 2012, 04:13 AM |#423  
Nimche's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 299
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachao

two of us here but hundreds of people here.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/community...amily/xperia_s

I know, you may even seen some of my post there. Sony rep came basically said that this is it and our fault. Then Mod there said almost the same thing.

I don't think there is anything that we can do?
22nd April 2012, 04:37 AM |#424  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimche

I know, you may even seen some of my post there. Sony rep came basically said that this is it and our fault. Then Mod there said almost the same thing.

I don't think there is anything that we can do?

I agree that there is not much we can do. Since this phone was part of the joint venture with Ericsson I think that Sony is not really concerned about it.

I just got a Sony laptop the other day and it comes with a Global warranty. I did not check the warranty on my Tablet S but it is a US model so I am not worried about it.

Hopefully things will be better in the future as Sony fully takes over the mobile business. I think that the warranty policy might change to a global one.
22nd April 2012, 04:39 AM |#425  
Nimche's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 299
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachao

I agree that there is not much we can do. Since this phone was part of the joint venture with Ericsson I think that Sony is not really concerned about it.

I just got a Sony laptop the other day and it comes with a Global warranty. I did not check the warranty on my Tablet S but it is a US model so I am not worried about it.

Hopefully things will be better in the future as Sony fully takes over the mobile business. I think that the warranty policy might change to a global one.

I wondered about the same thing since in past I never had issue with warranty issue so I asked the Sony rep in store and he exactly told me the same thing but I guess phones because the very same reason you mentioned are an exception for the time being.

How do you like that Tablet S? I may wait for the second generation.
22nd April 2012, 04:45 AM |#426  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimche

I wondered about the same thing since in past I never had issue with warranty issue so I asked the Sony rep in store and he exactly told me the same thing but I guess phones because the very same reason you mentioned are an exception for the time being.

How do you like that Tablet S? I may wait for the second generation.

It actually runs smother than the XS even with a weaker CPU/GPU. The screen is very nice as well. No complaints at all.
I would wait for the next gen. It should be out soon with a Tegra 3 processor.

http://www.xperiablog.net/2012/03/19...r-to-tablet-s/
22nd April 2012, 04:47 AM |#427  
Nimche's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 299
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachao

It actually runs smother than the XS even with a weaker CPU/GPU. The screen is very nice as well. No complaints at all.
I would wait for the next gen. It should be out soon with a Tegra 3 processor.

http://www.xperiablog.net/2012/03/19...r-to-tablet-s/

I hope it is as stylish as Tablet S. I really liked the Tablet S but didn't have any usage for it back then,
22nd April 2012, 05:35 AM |#428  
Eyados's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
it become more worst, all edges have yellow tint now
22nd April 2012, 06:24 AM |#429  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
My phone has yellow tint too after 18 days. I knew this issue before buying it but I belive in Sony's warranty policy . Now I disappointed with it
22nd April 2012, 08:38 AM |#430  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 199
 
More
Guys i had HTC one X and that too had too many screen problems(flickering). I got the screen problems with the two replacements and then i switched to Xperia S.
But here also i am reading that people are having the screen problem. My phone batch is 12w12.............Just to check i checked the screen at 38C and 40C yesterday and found no yellow tint as of now........does this mean that my screen is fine or should i wait more and check?
Also i noticed that my handset come with screen guard already applied on the screen. I can see a very thin layer applied on the screen. Is this really a screen guard or one more layer of scratch proof glass sheet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dead pixel, pixel, screen, yellowspot
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes