Post Reply

[Q] Xperia S' screen problems

OP Razje

22nd April 2012, 08:44 AM   |  #431  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
94 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Why just cant sony just give us a batch number where the this problem would not exist anymore? I think that they still havent figured out how to solve the problem because if they do then the latest batch wouldnt have any problems anymore.
22nd April 2012, 12:38 PM   |  #432  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Thumbs up No yellow tint. Yet.
I didn't notice any yellow tint on a screen while the temperature of the phone was 42 degrees Celsius. However, phone is relatively new and I saw reports that yellow tint appeared after several days or so. I'll keep you updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_square

Hello,

I got my hands on Xperia S which is 12W14. Checked this thread for a while and didn't notice that anyone has the phone from this batch. It's not my phone, but I'll stay with the person who got it over the weekend, so I can do deeper research if the phone is faulty or not. I guess the results would be really valuable to the community.

However, I'm new to Android devices, so I'm not sure which is the best way to find out yellow tint. What I read so far, tint appears when phone gets hotter, so I'd be thankful if anyone could provide answers to these questions:

1. How to make the phone reach higher operating temperatures? I don't really have time to play with the phone, so some kind of test, app or something similar would be more useful.
2. How to check phone's temperature and from how many degrees yellow tint appears?
3. What kind of wallpaper makes yellow tint the most noticeable?

By the way, phone was bought yesterday, so far no tint, but phone wasn't stressed enough.

22nd April 2012, 02:17 PM   |  #433  
Jackmax32's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
253 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
I bought XPS on Friday..
I thought it was a new stock but yellow tint
issue is present..
Is it a software or hardware issue??
Some people who replaced their phones found
the same problem on the new unit as per xda.
So what should I do? Replace it or just use it
(Not a big problem now but it might get worse
overtime)?
Replacing it n getting thea new unit with same problem will be annoying.
22nd April 2012, 02:36 PM   |  #434  
dibdin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kent
Thanks Meter: 48
 
401 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmax32

I bought XPS on Friday..
I thought it was a new stock but yellow tint
issue is present..
Is it a software or hardware issue??
Some people who replaced their phones found
the same problem on the new unit as per xda.
So what should I do? Replace it or just use it
(Not a big problem now but it might get worse
overtime)?
Replacing it n getting thea new unit with same problem will be annoying.

It's hardware related from all that I have heard and read. It's really down to you if you wish to send it off for it to be repaired/replaced. I had a replacement from Sony and suffering the same issue with this handset too. Hard to say if it will get worse over time or not.
22nd April 2012, 02:41 PM   |  #435  
Jackmax32's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
253 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibdin

It's hardware related from all that I have heard and read. It's really down to you if you wish to send it off for it to be repaired/replaced. I had a replacement from Sony and suffering the same issue with this handset too. Hard to say if it will get worse over time or not.

Ok.. tnx..
I think I will use it for a month or so and then
replace it .. After a month new units with no
yellow tint issue might arrive in India..
22nd April 2012, 05:41 PM   |  #436  
Junior Member
Flag Algiers
Thanks Meter: 1
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
screen issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachao

Based on my online research users from 12w08 through 12w15 all have yellow tint problem.

I have XPS 12w08 no yellow tint after many tests always no problem i have tested over 42 and some times 43 it seems no yellow tint for mine
sorry for my English
22nd April 2012, 05:45 PM   |  #437  
Nimche's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 299
 
2,637 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yassine772001

I have XPS 12w08 no yellow tint after many tests always no problem i have tested over 42 and some times 43 it seems no yellow tint for mine
sorry for my English

Then you might be the lucky one. Where did you buy the phone?

Most of infected ones are from Hong Kong 12W08 and then it gets to Europe. While I believe there are some that won't develop this issue but overtime like 2 to 3 weeks you should be able to see it. I didn't have it from day one but once it appeared it stayed and doesn't go away even with cool temperature.
22nd April 2012, 06:08 PM   |  #438  
Junior Member
Flag Algiers
Thanks Meter: 1
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
screen issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimche

Then you might be the lucky one. Where did you buy the phone?

Most of infected ones are from Hong Kong 12W08 and then it gets to Europe. While I believe there are some that won't develop this issue but overtime like 2 to 3 weeks you should be able to see it. I didn't have it from day one but once it appeared it stayed and doesn't go away even with cool temperature.

My phone is made in china from france but without warranty
The Following User Says Thank You to yassine772001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 06:22 PM   |  #439  
Nimche's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 299
 
2,637 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yassine772001

My phone is made in china from france but without warranty

Oh, they are all Made in China (What is not?) but French market has been having more luck with headset. Maybe you won't ever get it.

Good Luck and thanks for the report.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nimche For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 07:09 PM   |  #440  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
467 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by yassine772001

I have XPS 12w08 no yellow tint after many tests always no problem i have tested over 42 and some times 43 it seems no yellow tint for mine
sorry for my English

Which store did you bought it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimche

Canada was Week 14 production. But they are locked to Rogers..

How is this? I mean each country have a particulary week production? which batch belongs to UK then?
Is 12w15 free of this issue ? cause sony said that they have already fixed the issue and this production week is one of the latest one..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dead pixel, pixel, screen, yellowspot
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes