[Q] Xperia S' screen problems

23rd April 2012, 05:21 AM   |  #471  
Thanks Meter: 11

39 posts
Hi tel033,
Yes. It will not always go over 45C except when I play game heavily. However, I must consider summer time. Mine looks the same right now, but I heard that it will get worst over time.

I am now in Canada. Although my phone was bought in authorized seller, I need to find someone to help me to bring it back to Hong Kong for repair since Sony only sticks with their stubborn regional policy.
23rd April 2012, 09:29 AM   |  #472  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

122 posts
Looks like so much of you guys are unlucky with getting a repair or replacement.
even when you bought it at a authorized reseller. Which is pretty weird to me.

I bought mine @ T-Mobile, and i just give them a call about the yellow tint, they tell me it's a known problem, and I get a new Xperia S within 3 days, and I can send the old one back for free.

In the netherlands it's in the law that you can get your money back or a replacement within 8 days, sending it back without having to give a reason why.

And T-Mobile has a policy, that when you have manufacturing problems, you can get a replacement within 2 months.

I'm on my second Xperia S now since 20-3-2012, this week i'll get my 3rd.
Lets hope for the best
23rd April 2012, 10:21 AM   |  #473  
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 34

167 posts
More
This image shows the problem really well. Mine looked exactly like the left image.
It's still at the repair center. Taking a looooong time. Brought it back to the store at april 5th

23rd April 2012, 10:30 AM   |  #474  
Thanks Meter: 27

384 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRick

This image shows the problem really well. Mine looked exactly like the left image.
It's still at the repair center. Taking a looooong time. Brought it back to the store at april 5th

Yep mine was like the left display, have a new replacement phone which is still fine 12W11 (still testing though)

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonset

Complaining about Sony's service doesn't help our situations - we are not Sony's employees.... and I think you have misunderstood what the agent said....

And please upload a photo of the tint.

Simply because everyone has a different understanding and meaning of "yellow tints". I've seen people said "OMG my XS has got the worst screen in the world", and his screen is actually way better than mine. Some people are just having yellow adjusted screen (warm colour), which is classified as "yellow screen", not "yellow tints / spots" (by Sony China), and these people think those are "yellow tints / spots".

Did you ever read this thread before posting which contains a lot of useful photo's of the defect...
Last edited by awf; 23rd April 2012 at 10:34 AM.
23rd April 2012, 10:45 AM   |  #475  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 7

110 posts
Quote:

Did you ever read this thread before posting which contains a lot of useful photo's of the defect...

yes i have been following since the very beginning. and it's obivous that not everyone has uploaded an image of their "yellow tints", and the problem of forum is that since the thread is getting long (48 pages), people couldnt be bothered to read every single comments. ( just go back a few pages in this thread, there were someone asking noob questions about the tints....)

and xda is not the only forum on the internet.... there are misunderstandings of the yellow tints, not everyone knows as much as you.
23rd April 2012, 03:24 PM   |  #476  
Thanks Meter: 22

253 posts
More
Quote:

Your screen is way worse than mine.. I was so worried about my screen which have yellow tint on the bottom, but after seeing your screen, my XPS screen is alright lol.
23rd April 2012, 03:36 PM   |  #477  
Flag Stockport
Thanks Meter: 39

320 posts
More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmax32

Your screen is way worse than mine.. I was so worried about my screen which have yellow tint on the bottom, but after seeing your screen, my XPS screen is alright lol.

Gotta agree with you, mine isn't that bad, but it could get worse and I don't fancy taking the chance. I have been in contact with Sony about this and they said I need to send it off for repair, which could take 2 weeks, I need my phone so have told them I want a new replacement or a spare while mine gets fixed, why should I be put out for something that is their fault. I wait but not holding my breathe

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk
23rd April 2012, 03:42 PM   |  #478  
Flag Kent
Thanks Meter: 48

401 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanicca

Gotta agree with you, mine isn't that bad, but it could get worse and I don't fancy taking the chance. I have been in contact with Sony about this and they said I need to send it off for repair, which could take 2 weeks, I need my phone so have told them I want a new replacement or a spare while mine gets fixed, why should I be put out for something that is their fault. I wait but not holding my breathe

If it's the first time you have sent your phone to the service centre there is a possibility they will replace it with a new one like they did me.
23rd April 2012, 04:23 PM   |  #479  
Flag Stockport
Thanks Meter: 39

320 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibdin

If it's the first time you have sent your phone to the service centre there is a possibility they will replace it with a new one like they did me.

It is the first time. How long did it take them and was it a new or refurb?

23rd April 2012, 04:43 PM   |  #480  
Thanks Meter: 4

32 posts
it started on bottom of the screen, then left side, and now all edges become yellow after reaching 38 Deg C.

The Following User Says Thank You to Eyados For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dead pixel, pixel, screen, yellowspot
Previous Thread Next Thread