Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,834 Members 50,610 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] - Xperia Sola .54 Stock Rom Update Fail

Tip us?

404_Not_Found
Old
(Last edited by 404_Not_Found; 11th April 2013 at 10:55 PM.) Reason: Screenshot
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] - Xperia Sola .54 Stock Rom Update Fail

Hello everyone,

First of all this is my frist post, I'm sorry if I did something wrong.

I have rooted my xperia sola and flashed some mods, (Tweak&CPU - Xperia Z Launcher). I got .54 Official Rom, but Update Center keep saying there is an update. I tried many times to update but it says after rebooting "It has failed, Try Again."

What did I do wrong?

Thank you very much.

------

Screenshots (If It Helps)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-04-12-00-46-33[1].jpg
Views:	71
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	1876656   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-04-12-00-46-50[1].jpg
Views:	63
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	1876657  

asakurato
Old
Thanks Meter 39
You have unlocked bootloader right? Sony PCC have problems with such phones(mine too) showing that there is update, when you had already updated. Just ignore it for now, but you won't be able to install future updates

Sent from my MT27i using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to asakurato For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

404_Not_Found
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Oh thank you for information. I was just wondering if i did something wrong. Yes I unlocked BL. Anyways thanks again

Sent from my MT27i using Tapatalk 2

Bhargav4591
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Do this , go to dialer , type #*#*7378423#*#*

Go to service info ---------> Software info
Check and POST the phone software version & File system version.

404_Not_Found
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
What's the difference between 'Phone Software Version' and 'File System Version' ?
I got different values.

It says Phone Software V : 6.1.1.B.1.10
File System V : 6.1.1.B.1.54

Bhargav4591
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404_Not_Found View Post
What's the difference between 'Phone Software Version' and 'File System Version' ?
I got different values.

It says Phone Software V : 6.1.1.B.1.10
File System V : 6.1.1.B.1.54

Ahh... a similar problem which i had ... the Phone software version is influenced by your kernel ..
Your kernel is based on b.1.10 and so your PCC assumes that your entire firmware is out of date and attempts to correct this though an update , which for obvious reasons , it can't cause you've unlocked your BL

Solution? Shift to an updated kernel of the one you are using , make sure it's either of the same version or higher than that of the ROM firmware .
Still if you cant get another kernel ,simply freeze the update app on Titanium Backup
Hope this helps ,
Press Thanks if it did =D
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bhargav4591 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

asakurato
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhargav4591 View Post
Ahh... a similar problem which i had ... the Phone software version is influenced by your kernel ..
Your kernel is based on b.1.10 and so your PCC assumes that your entire firmware is out of date and attempts to correct this though an update , which for obvious reasons , it can't cause you've unlocked your BL

Solution? Shift to an updated kernel of the one you are using , make sure it's either of the same version or higher than that of the ROM firmware .
Still if you cant get another kernel ,simply freeze the update app on Titanium Backup
Hope this helps ,
Press Thanks if it did =D
Mine are 6.1.B.1.75 and 6.1.B.1.54 so I don't think updating will help.

Bhargav4591
Old
(Last edited by Bhargav4591; 14th April 2013 at 05:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by asakurato View Post
Mine are 6.1.B.1.75 and 6.1.B.1.54 so I don't think updating will help.
So you're being asked to update even though your kernel is based on 6.1.B.1.75 (higher) ... odd ...... try getting a kernel that matches your file system version i.e a 6.1.B.1.54 kernel(stock or custom) this should hopefully work . Else , since you've unlocked your BL ,why not use a custom ROM ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

asakurato
Old
(Last edited by asakurato; 16th April 2013 at 06:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 39
I don't know how I got .75 sw version(about phone shows .54), but my kernel is based on latest official sources(Vengeance 1.26 kernel). When I asked developer about this, he said it's normal with unlocked BL. As for custom rom, I'm planning to install one, I'm just searching for one that fits me perfectly.

Bhargav4591
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by asakurato View Post
I don't know how I got .75 sw version(about phone shows .54), but my kernel is based on latest official sources(Vengeance 1.26 kernel). When I asked developer about this, he said it's normal with unlocked BL. As for custom rom, I'm planning to install one, I'm just searching for one that fits me perfectly.

If you're just annoyed with the update notification , freeze 'update center 'app via Titanium backup =P
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------