Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,915 Members 37,339 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia Sola dead! No fastboot mode, only red light!

Tip us?

brimbi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Xperia Sola dead! No fastboot mode, only red light!

Hi guys, please help me...I can't buy a new device
My device is Xperia sola, and i have CM 11. But this morning it died, it was blocked on xperia logo (It was working well before it)
I tried hard reset and now i can't turn on it. I tried to flash kernel but there is no fast boot mode. The only response of my device is when i try to turn on (only a red light, then nothing). I'm trying to charge it but there is no light....Help me please...i can't buy a new device.

Anthrax
Old
Thanks Meter 780

DONATE TO ME
connect it to charger for 2 hrs min and after that try to flash ftf using flashtool...
Xiaomi MI3
--------MIUI v5 4.4.2--------
Xperia Sola
--------Carbon 4.4.4--------
Lava Xtron+
--------Jelly Bean 4.2.2--------

Quote:
XDA-Developers was founded on the simple principal that SHARING IS GOOD and when many people SHARE what they know, EVERYONE benefits. We exist upon this Ethos, we RESPECT each other, we SHARE with each other, we do not judge one another and we HELP all who ask. We believe that while some may have more knowledge than another, none are more important.

brimbi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthrax View Post
connect it to charger for 2 hrs min and after that try to flash ftf using flashtool...
Is it normal that the light is off when is connected to charger?

Gladiomortis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by brimbi View Post
Is it normal that the light is off when is connected to charger?
If it's not charging then it sounds like it's bricked to me..

brimbi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiomortis View Post
If it's not charging then it sounds like it's bricked to me..
I will wait hours for charging.
Anyway, do you know other solution? It's very strange it's bricked! I didn't flash anything new and cm11 was working well!

Gladiomortis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by brimbi View Post
I will wait hours for charging.
Anyway, do you know other solution? It's very strange it's bricked! I didn't flash anything new and cm11 was working well!
Sorry brimbi i can't help you any further than this, i'm not experienced in this field and only started a couple of days ago, this guide explains about soft & hard resets as well as brick symptoms, i hope it helps... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1849170

If you're using cm11 you should be able to boot into recover right?

nundoo
Old
Thanks Meter 12
This happened to me today. Last night I left my phone charging on my PC through the USB port. PC was off, but USB is still powered. Phone was on.
The next morning, after I woke up I noticed that when I pressed the power button nothing happened. I plugged the cable off my PC, then back on, and the led was staying lit up red. Nothing when I pressed the power button again. No fastboot, nothing.
Finally, I plugged the phone using the original Sony adapter to the mains. It showed the Sony logo and it started charging. At least, so I thought. After a couple of hours, I checked the charging progress and nothing, battery was showing empty. So I tried to power the phone on while still charging. It booted Android and it was showing charging, but 0%. I powered the phone back off, it immediately started charging and battery progress was about 80%.
My guess is that somehow battery stats files were corrupted/deleted. Luckily the phone did not get bricked. I am on Android 4.0 ICS.
Sony Ericsson T100i(~2003 - still have it) - Sony Ericsson K600i - Nokia 3230 - Nokia 6630 - Sony Ericsson W810i - Sony Ericsson W710i - Sony Ericsson W910i - Nokia N90 - HTC Universal - Sony Ericsson K800i - Sony Ericsson K810i - Nokia N80 - LG Optimus One - Samung Wave II - LG Optimus 2X - LG Optimus Me P350 - LG Optimus One - Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini ST15i - LG Optimus L5 E610v - SONY Xperia Sola MT27i

kopter3161
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nundoo View Post
This happened to me today. Last night I left my phone charging on my PC through the USB port. PC was off, but USB is still powered. Phone was on.
The next morning, after I woke up I noticed that when I pressed the power button nothing happened. I plugged the cable off my PC, then back on, and the led was staying lit up red. Nothing when I pressed the power button again. No fastboot, nothing.
Finally, I plugged the phone using the original Sony adapter to the mains. It showed the Sony logo and it started charging. At least, so I thought. After a couple of hours, I checked the charging progress and nothing, battery was showing empty. So I tried to power the phone on while still charging. It booted Android and it was showing charging, but 0%. I powered the phone back off, it immediately started charging and battery progress was about 80%.
My guess is that somehow battery stats files were corrupted/deleted. Luckily the phone did not get bricked. I am on Android 4.0 ICS.
It seems XSola has issue with this. My previous phone which is Xsola did suffer from this issue multiple times though. On my ex-XU (too) never had this problem and in my current XP i've had once.

Sent from my Xperia P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app