Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

[Q] Xperia Sola dead! No fastboot mode, only red light!

OP brimbi

7th May 2014, 02:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

42 posts
Hi guys, please help me...I can't buy a new device
My device is Xperia sola, and i have CM 11. But this morning it died, it was blocked on xperia logo (It was working well before it)
I tried hard reset and now i can't turn on it. I tried to flash kernel but there is no fast boot mode. The only response of my device is when i try to turn on (only a red light, then nothing). I'm trying to charge it but there is no light....Help me please...i can't buy a new device.
7th May 2014, 05:06 PM   |  #2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 783

1,625 posts
Donate to Me
More
connect it to charger for 2 hrs min and after that try to flash ftf using flashtool...
7th May 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

42 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthrax

connect it to charger for 2 hrs min and after that try to flash ftf using flashtool...

Is it normal that the light is off when is connected to charger?
7th May 2014, 07:12 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brimbi

Is it normal that the light is off when is connected to charger?

If it's not charging then it sounds like it's bricked to me..
7th May 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

42 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiomortis

If it's not charging then it sounds like it's bricked to me..

I will wait hours for charging.
Anyway, do you know other solution? It's very strange it's bricked! I didn't flash anything new and cm11 was working well!
8th May 2014, 11:58 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brimbi

I will wait hours for charging.
Anyway, do you know other solution? It's very strange it's bricked! I didn't flash anything new and cm11 was working well!

Sorry brimbi i can't help you any further than this, i'm not experienced in this field and only started a couple of days ago, this guide explains about soft & hard resets as well as brick symptoms, i hope it helps... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1849170

If you're using cm11 you should be able to boot into recover right?
16th May 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #7  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 12

96 posts
This happened to me today. Last night I left my phone charging on my PC through the USB port. PC was off, but USB is still powered. Phone was on.
The next morning, after I woke up I noticed that when I pressed the power button nothing happened. I plugged the cable off my PC, then back on, and the led was staying lit up red. Nothing when I pressed the power button again. No fastboot, nothing.
Finally, I plugged the phone using the original Sony adapter to the mains. It showed the Sony logo and it started charging. At least, so I thought. After a couple of hours, I checked the charging progress and nothing, battery was showing empty. So I tried to power the phone on while still charging. It booted Android and it was showing charging, but 0%. I powered the phone back off, it immediately started charging and battery progress was about 80%.
My guess is that somehow battery stats files were corrupted/deleted. Luckily the phone did not get bricked. I am on Android 4.0 ICS.
16th May 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 8

47 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nundoo

This happened to me today. Last night I left my phone charging on my PC through the USB port. PC was off, but USB is still powered. Phone was on.
The next morning, after I woke up I noticed that when I pressed the power button nothing happened. I plugged the cable off my PC, then back on, and the led was staying lit up red. Nothing when I pressed the power button again. No fastboot, nothing.
Finally, I plugged the phone using the original Sony adapter to the mains. It showed the Sony logo and it started charging. At least, so I thought. After a couple of hours, I checked the charging progress and nothing, battery was showing empty. So I tried to power the phone on while still charging. It booted Android and it was showing charging, but 0%. I powered the phone back off, it immediately started charging and battery progress was about 80%.
My guess is that somehow battery stats files were corrupted/deleted. Luckily the phone did not get bricked. I am on Android 4.0 ICS.

It seems XSola has issue with this. My previous phone which is Xsola did suffer from this issue multiple times though. On my ex-XU (too) never had this problem and in my current XP i've had once.

Sent from my Xperia P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread