Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,871 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia Sola - Can't restore to stock ROM

Tip us?

ChikeD
Old
Thanks Meter 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelizMastr View Post
I can't update/restore with PCC. It gives me an error that there is no software available, so it won't even bother to download files to create an FTF from. In order to use PCC, I need to have stock or stock based firmware on the phone. As soon as I attempt to flash a stock kernel + stock ROM using fastboot.exe on my pc, and CWM on the phone itself, I end up with a bricked device.

I'll try this once more once I get the chance, later today, to see if I can dig up some other results.

I suppose this is a tough one you don't see very often, here on XDA
Did you follow the steps I posted exactly? The phone don't even need to be connected.

NelizMastr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikeD View Post
Did you follow the steps I posted exactly? The phone don't even need to be connected.
Yes I did. If I check the blob_fs folder, I only get icon files, with a maximum file size of 10KB. It doesn't download anything when I follow your guide. When I remove the folder, it simply redownloads the images, but not the files required for the FTF.

As a reminder concerning the SEUS: No Sola support, at all, so no firmwares from there either.

ChikeD
Old
Thanks Meter 465
Quote:
Yes I did. If I check the blob_fs folder, I only get icon files, with a maximum file size of 10KB. It doesn't download anything when I follow your guide. When I remove the folder, it simply redownloads the images, but not the files required for the FTF.

As a reminder concerning the SEUS: No Sola support, at all, so no firmwares from there either.
After you click repair, what happens?

NelizMastr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
After you click repair, what happens?
Once I click repair, I get a ****load (pardon my French) of dialog boxes with check boxes to make sure I agree to continue with the repair.When that is done, it starts preparing the phone (not even selected which one) firmware, after I select the Xperia Sola, nothing happens. It just asks me to connect the phone.

ChikeD
Old
Thanks Meter 465
Quote:
Once I click repair, I get a ****load (pardon my French) of dialog boxes with check boxes to make sure I agree to continue with the repair.When that is done, it starts preparing the phone (not even selected which one) firmware, after I select the Xperia Sola, nothing happens. It just asks me to connect the phone.
Well you have said you have used it before with this phone, case which it su\ould ask you if to repair the phone you have used with it before or choose another. and if you choose phone you have used before it would download the files without asking to connect it.
I am guessing it would refuse to repair phone with unlocked bootloader, but have you connected the phone in flash mode?

NelizMastr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Well you have said you have used it before with this phone, case which it su\ould ask you if to repair the phone you have used with it before or choose another. and if you choose phone you have used before it would download the files without asking to connect it.
I am guessing it would refuse to repair phone with unlocked bootloader, but have you connected the phone in flash mode?
Why would I connect it in flash mode? (And yes, it did show up, and I did select it, but that didn't change anything) Still, I have connected it in flash mode before, and all it says is: Nope, unsupported phone and such. I'll have to reboot to Winblows again and see what I can dig up...

NelizMastr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Why would I connect it in flash mode? (And yes, it did show up, and I did select it, but that didn't change anything) Still, I have connected it in flash mode before, and all it says is: Nope, unsupported phone and such. I'll have to reboot to Winblows again and see what I can dig up...
Such an annoyance that I can't post external links, and the fact that all my software is Dutch, so I can only provide crappy translations of the errors I receive

I connected the phone is flash mode, I received an error that boils down to the following:

"The phone contains modified software which cannot be updated" and that's where the adventure with PCC ends.

ChikeD
Old
Thanks Meter 465
Quote:
Such an annoyance that I can't post external links, and the fact that all my software is Dutch, so I can only provide crappy translations of the errors I receive

I connected the phone is flash mode, I received an error that boils down to the following:

"The phone contains modified software which cannot be updated" and that's where the adventure with PCC ends.
Yes, that because the unlocked bootloader, you can try and see if there is a way to relock it, make sure it's a proven one.
Did you back up your ta before unlocking bootloader?
The Following User Says Thank You to ChikeD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NelizMastr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Yes, that because the unlocked bootloader, you can try and see if there is a way to relock it, make sure it's a proven one.
Did you back up your ta before unlocking bootloader?
Boy do I feel like a moron. I tried the 32-bit version of Flashtool, just for the heck of it, and I successfully flashed the stock .54 ROM. It is booting as we speak. I have no clue why Flashtool64 would behave differently to regular 32-bit Flashtool, but well, my phone is back on stock, with unlocked bootloader.

Thanks for your help to this point. I will definitely give you a big thumbs up for your suggestions

ChikeD
Old
Thanks Meter 465
Interesting, might be drivers issue.