[Q] Xperia Sola strange symptoms.

9th January 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Greetings reader. I'm new to the forum but have been viewing threads every now and then, so after having read plenty of times that people should search before posting. I have searched and didn't find what I was looking for, so that's why you can read this now ;p.

4 days ago when I was trying to browse the web in college I wasn't able to connect to the wifi network or even open the wifi settings, so I reset my phone only to find the problem persisting. As if something locked me out of the wifi settings.
I'm perfectly able to access any of the other settings, so I think it's kinda weird.

Shortly after I realised I couldn't get to the wifi anymore my phone started to reboot itself automatically. Ever since that first reboot it just keeps rebooting at the same pace over and over again until I either power it off or until the battery dies.
The phone also get's unusually hot now. Not like, super hot, but definitely hotter than any other time I can remember.

I also get error messages since the problems started saying: 'Process system is not responding'. I then get the option to either force close it or wait. Neither seem to do much if anything at all other than taking away the error message. Sounds kinda critical if you'd ask me.

But so after all these symptoms started to appear I figured I'd just do a factory reset and be done with it, but every time I go into the factory reset settings, I put in my lock screen pattern and then at the last step (pressing the Erase all data button) it just does nothing.
I can touch the button and it does give the animation that it is being pressed, but it just doesn't do anything.
The phone doesn't freeze though, I can still navigate after pressing the button only to see it reboot again shortly after.

After that I tried to flash the rom, but for some reason my PC refuses to show my phone's internal memory in my pcor any sign of my phone's connection at all.
I haven't tried it on any other pc yet, so it might just be my pc, though I doubt it is since it was perfectly able to recognize it shortly before all this started.

The device hasn't endured any shocks lately or expsure to water or whatever, so I think that's ruled out as well.
I am running the stock rom, 2.3 Gingerbread I believe, and the warranty is already way over date (I think. I'll have to check that).

Any suggestions as on how to determine what could be causing this, or how to fix it? Because I really don't want to buy a new phone xD.
3rd March 2014, 06:10 AM   |  #2  
Flag X:\Earth\Asia\India\Assam\Guwahati
Thanks Meter: 50

155 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macowski

Greetings reader. I'm new to the forum but have been viewing threads every now and then, so after having read plenty of times that people should search before posting. I have searched and didn't find what I was looking for, so that's why you can read this now ;p.

4 days ago when I was trying to browse the web in college I wasn't able to connect to the wifi network or even open the wifi settings, so I reset my phone only to find the problem persisting. As if something locked me out of the wifi settings.
I'm perfectly able to access any of the other settings, so I think it's kinda weird.

Shortly after I realised I couldn't get to the wifi anymore my phone started to reboot itself automatically. Ever since that first reboot it just keeps rebooting at the same pace over and over again until I either power it off or until the battery dies.
The phone also get's unusually hot now. Not like, super hot, but definitely hotter than any other time I can remember.

I also get error messages since the problems started saying: 'Process system is not responding'. I then get the option to either force close it or wait. Neither seem to do much if anything at all other than taking away the error message. Sounds kinda critical if you'd ask me.

But so after all these symptoms started to appear I figured I'd just do a factory reset and be done with it, but every time I go into the factory reset settings, I put in my lock screen pattern and then at the last step (pressing the Erase all data button) it just does nothing.
I can touch the button and it does give the animation that it is being pressed, but it just doesn't do anything.
The phone doesn't freeze though, I can still navigate after pressing the button only to see it reboot again shortly after.

After that I tried to flash the rom, but for some reason my PC refuses to show my phone's internal memory in my pcor any sign of my phone's connection at all.
I haven't tried it on any other pc yet, so it might just be my pc, though I doubt it is since it was perfectly able to recognize it shortly before all this started.

The device hasn't endured any shocks lately or expsure to water or whatever, so I think that's ruled out as well.
I am running the stock rom, 2.3 Gingerbread I believe, and the warranty is already way over date (I think. I'll have to check that).

Any suggestions as on how to determine what could be causing this, or how to fix it? Because I really don't want to buy a new phone xD.

Since you've not modified your Sola in any way.
Give this official method a try.
http://xperiafirmware.com/component/...update-service
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread