Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Xperia U touch issues!!

OP Slender_

29th April 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Catania (CT)
Thanks Meter: 2

58 posts
More
Hey guys,
I was using my phone, everything ok but SUDDENLY it seems to have some touch issues! Sometimes the touch is unresponsive, for like 0,2 / 0,3 sec. I press and I have to press it again. That's frustrating!! Especially when typing on keyboard!! I thinked that the problem was caused by the ROM ( maybe little lags ) and I changed ROM, but the problem is still alive!! The phone didn't fall, this happened suddenly!!
Can someone help me?
2nd May 2014, 07:38 AM   |  #2  
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 656

622 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slender_

Hey guys,
I was using my phone, everything ok but SUDDENLY it seems to have some touch issues! Sometimes the touch is unresponsive, for like 0,2 / 0,3 sec. I press and I have to press it again. That's frustrating!! Especially when typing on keyboard!! I thinked that the problem was caused by the ROM ( maybe little lags ) and I changed ROM, but the problem is still alive!! The phone didn't fall, this happened suddenly!!
Can someone help me?

Clear cache/ dalvik cache/ factory reset and see if this helps.

Also, did you dirty flash your ROM ? This usually happens if you dirty flash a ROM. Always start fresh.

Secondly, if you made backup and trying to restore it, that might cause the problem.
2nd May 2014, 02:37 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Catania (CT)

58 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnk1

Clear cache/ dalvik cache/ factory reset and see if this helps.

Also, did you dirty flash your ROM ? This usually happens if you dirty flash a ROM. Always start fresh.

Secondly, if you made backup and trying to restore it, that might cause the problem.

I tried to wipe.. but same issue. I always did the wipes before flashing a new ROM, so I think the installs were always clean. I tried to flash a firmware with flashtool, but same result..
Is there a solution for this? Now I'm trying to flash Gingerbread firmware, but I think the problem will remain..
2nd May 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #4  
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne

622 posts
More
Quote:

I tried to wipe.. but same issue. I always did the wipes before flashing a new ROM, so I think the installs were always clean. I tried to flash a firmware with flashtool, but same result..
Is there a solution for this? Now I'm trying to flash Gingerbread firmware, but I think the problem will remain..

Well, 0.2 seconds is a very small delay. However, if the problem persists, I suppose you should check typing speed/sensitivity in settings.

I suspect you have alot of applications in your phone and Xperia U has only 512 RAM which is not enough to run JB smoothly.
2nd May 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Catania (CT)

58 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnk1

Well, 0.2 seconds is a very small delay. However, if the problem persists, I suppose you should check typing speed/sensitivity in settings.

I suspect you have alot of applications in your phone and Xperia U has only 512 RAM which is not enough to run JB smoothly.

Nope.. I know that our device can not run lot of apps, in fact I have just some apps, no Facebook and something like that..
Anyway, for example, I did a touch screen test : it works in all zones, but, if I touch the screen 10 times, only 7 times can be "received" from device
2nd May 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #6  
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne

622 posts
More
Quote:

Nope.. I know that our device can not run lot of apps, in fact I have just some apps, no Facebook and something like that..
Anyway, for example, I did a touch screen test : it works in all zones, but, if I touch the screen 10 times, only 7 times can be "received" from device

Maybe the digitiser is having some sort of problem. This is usually caused by humidity / water in your phone in small amount . I hope I'm wrong.

Clean your screen thoroughly and remove screen protector and use ultra thin protector instead. See if that helps. On my devices smudgy screen has problems with touch .
13th September 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Same issue here
Im also having same issue here..
it is taking only 6 out of 10 touches. a few regions not responding to the touch
5th October 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
same problem with me, i hope some people give best solutions for this issue
5th October 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 42

103 posts
More
Maybe it's caused by charging the phone with non-official chargers. It overcharge all the hardware and can easily damage it.
Anyways if you have warranty you can flash the original ROM, relock the bootloader and bring it to Sony.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread